This is the Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12: TZA] Main Walkthrough for Part 8 – visiting the Tomb of Raithwall. This will contain the items, the bosses, the enemies, and everything you’ll come across in the Tomb of Raithwall.
Click here to go to our Story Walkthrough Directory!
Part 8 – Tomb of Raithwall
(Taking the southern entrance from Ogir-Yensa)
- Take a map of Nam-Yensa on a bridge west from Augur Hill.
- You’ll find it if you take the southern entrance to Ogir-Yensa Sandsea.
- After entering Nam-Yensa Sandsea, you’ll find the Augur Hill, where you’ll find the Nam-Yensa map there.
- Taking the Eksir Berries after defeating the Urutan Eater.
- After taking the map, proceed north to the Sandscale Bank.
- Listen to the story of the Moogle, go back the way you came and head to Withering Shores to find the Urutan Eater.
- Upon defeating the Urutan Eater, head back to the Moogle in the Sandscale bank.
- You’ll notice an event as you head back to Ogir-Yensa Platform 2: Refinery.
- Afterwards, head back to Nam-Yensa to watch the cutscene.
- Touch the flowers and receive Eksir Berries. This is important for your fight against GARUDA in the Tomb of Raithwall.
The Tomb of Raithwall
- Face the boss upon entering the area
- Enter the area and fight the boss, Garuda. Upon defeating the boss, a merchant will show up. It’s best to use your items in the ensuing battle.
- Entering the Tomb of Raithwall
- The Tomb of Raithwall uses a waystone device / ancient device.
- Remember to save via the crystal near by. You will have a hard time.
- Upon entry, you’ll meet your first Demonwall. (You can potentially encounter it twice). For more information about this boss, click here.
- As you head further into the dungeon, the Demonwall will emerge again and fight. You cannot run away this time.
Demonwall is a strong enemy, so you’ll have to give all you’ve got. It’s best that you head back and farm a bit if you think you can’t defeat it.
- Demonwall casts silence, so you’ll have to use Rose Corsage. If you don’t have any corsages on you, use Echo Herbs to cancel out silence. Use Aero to bounce magic and damage the enemy. Using this method, you can easily fight this monster.
- Head down and find the map
- Upon killing Demonwall, you’ll encounter three transfer devices. You’ll find an Area Map in the map urn along with the way stones.
- Two of the Three Way Stones are Broken and will need Repair
- The Red Way Stone leads to Northfall Passage, but is currently broken.
- The White Waystone leads to the Hall of the Destroyer.
- The Green Waystone doesn’t work either. Eventually it’ll go to the Southfall Passage.
- Activate the Red Way Stone
- From the way stone rooms, head north through the north corridor.
- You’ll find a jewel at the middle of the map. If you examine it, you’ll be able to activate the way stone in Northfall Passage.
- Activate the Green Waystone
- Head south from the three way stone room. Head down the south wing corridor.
- In the middle of the map you’ll find a jewel. Examining it, you’ll be able to use the way stone. Head back using the way stone.
- Head down the Cloister of Flame
- Return to the entrance via way stone.
- WARNING: You won’t be coming back to the Tomb of Raithwall for a while, so don’t forget looting the area for more items.
- An Event occurs at the Entrance, you’re transported to Light Cruiser Shiva
- Vossler captures you (SPOILERS!)
- Vossler fights your party alongside three imperial army swordsmen
- Defeat Vossler and head to Rabanastre
- From the South Gate of Rabanastre, head to Giza Plains – Rainy Season
Rain in the Giza Plains – Journey to Jahara