(Taking the southern entrance from Ogir-Yensa)
1. Take a map of Nam-Yensa on a bridge west from Augur Hill.
- You’ll find the map if you take the southern entrance to Ogir-Yensa Sandsea.
- After entering Nam-Yensa Sandsea, you’ll find Augur Hill. You’ll find the Nam-Yensa map there.
2. Taking the Eksir Berries after defeating the Urutan Eater.
- After getting the map, proceed north to the Sandscale Bank.
- Listen to the story of the Moogle. Go back the way you came and head to Withering Shores to find the Urutan Eater.
- Upon defeating the Urutan Eater, head back to the Moogle in the Sandscale bank.
3. You’ll come to an event as you head back to the refinery.
4. Afterward, head back to Nam-Yensa to watch the cutscene.
- Touch the flowers to receive Eksir Berries. This is important for your fight against Garuda in the Tomb of Raithwall.
- Enter the area and fight Garuda. Upon defeating the boss, a merchant will show up, so feel free to use your items in the battle.
- Since Garuda is a flyer, melee attacks can be rather difficult to land. Use long-range attacks with guns, bows, or magic. Use Eksir Berries, as they lessen Garuda’s attack considerably.
The Tomb of Raithwall
1. Entering the Tomb of Raithwall
- The Tomb of Raithwall uses a waystone device.
- Remember to save at the crystal nearby. The next area can be quite difficult.
- Upon entry, you’ll meet your first Demonwall. You can potentially encounter this enemy twice.
- You can skip this battle. However, if you defeat the Demonwall, a secret passage will appear.
- As you head further into the dungeon, the Demonwall will emerge again for a fight. You cannot run away this time. Demonwall is a strong enemy, so you’ll have to give all you’ve got. It’s best that you head back and farm a bit if you think you’ll have trouble defeating it.
- Demonwall casts silence, so you’ll have to use Rose Corsage. If you don’t have any corsages on you, use Echo Herbs to cancel out silence. Use Aero to bounce magic and damage the enemy.
3. Head down and find the map
- After killing Demonwall, you’ll encounter three transfer devices. You’ll find an Area Map along with the way stones in the map urn.
4. Two of the three-way stones are broken and will need repair.
- The Red Way Stone leads to Northfall Passage but is currently broken.
- The White Waystone leads to the Hall of the Destroyer.
- The Green Waystone doesn’t work either. Eventually, it’ll go to the Southfall Passage.
5. Activate the Red Way Stone
- From the way stone rooms, head north.
- You’ll find a jewel in the middle of the map. If you examine it, you’ll be able to activate the way stone in Northfall Passage.
6. Activate the Green Waystone
- Head south from the three-way stone room. Head down the south wing corridor.
- You’ll find a jewel in the middle of the map. Examining it, you’ll be able to use the way stone. Head back using the way stone.
7. Head down the Cloister of Flame
- In the Southfall passage, head through the passage that appeared after you activated the glowing pedestal.
- You’ll fight the esper Belias in this cloister.
- Belias can cast oil on your characters, which can only be cured with handkerchiefs. It also casts Fire and Firaja, which deal three times more damage than usual to those covered with oil. It’s vulnerable to water attacks, so use water magicks and weapons.
- Upon completion, you can enter the Chamber of First Light and get the Dawn Shard.
8. Return to the entrance via way stone.
- You won’t be coming back to the Tomb of Raithwall for a while so loot the area for more items.
9. Vossler Boss Battle
- Vossler captures you. Vossler fights your party alongside three imperial army swordsmen.
- Vossler attacks Basch the most, so take care of his HP. Three imperial swordsmen will use the Tri Attack technique, so it’s easier if you beat them down first.
10. From the South Gate of Rabanastre, head to Giza Plains – Rainy Season
|← From Dreadnought Leviathan to the Yensa||Rain in the Giza Plains – Journey to Jahara→|
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|