Ridorana Cataract (Footfalls of the Past)
1. Proceed along the path and turn right at the fork.
- There will be a save crystal along the path for when you get lost.
- Collect all the items in the Echoes from Time’s Garden. Then, proceed south.
- You can get the Map of the Ridorana Cataract (Footfalls of the Past) by going 11 o’clock from the Colosseum.
2. Proceed to The Pharos
- There will be a Save Crystal as you arrive.
- The Pharos is a large dungeon, so it’s better to save before continuing.
- It will likely take several hours to clear.
The Pharos ・First Ascent
1. A boss battle with Hydro.
- As you enter Pharos, you will fight the boss Hydro.
Hydro Boss Battle
- Hydro uses Fearga to reduce a character’s MP to 0. Be sure to have learned the Technick Charge to be able to recover MP in battle.
2. Head back to collect the black orbs.
- There will be a Save Crystal in the inner layer of the Wellspring Labyrinth.
- You need to collect three black orbs.
- Enemies defeated in the area have a low chance of dropping black orbs.
- Set a black orb onto each pedestal.
- There will be three pedestals on the inner layer of the Wellspring Labyrinth. Approach each pedestal and set one on each as you move back and forth between the inner and outer layer of the labyrinth.
- You will be able to obtain a map of the area in the southern passage of the labyrinth.
- Once you’ve placed all three black orbs in the pedestal, you will unlock the path to the east of the labyrinth.
3. A boss battle with Pandemonium will begin when you examine the rock formations.
- As you enter the mysterious dimension, proceed to the boss’ lair and examine the rock formations.
- You will be teleported to the area you started when you examine the rocks.
Pandemonium Boss Battle
- Pandemonium resists all attacks except wind. Therefore, it is best to use wind magic and weapons.
- Proceed to the Way Stone that appears near the Save Crystal.
4. Solving the puzzle
- There will be a false wall that breaks in the first turning corridor.
- Items can be obtained in the hidden room beyond the wall, so take the time to explore it.
- Make the bridges appear and proceed to the next area.
- To proceed along the bridge, you need to defeat a number of nearby Brainpans. The number of Brainpans you need to defeat depends on where you are on the bridge.
5. Bridge leading to the 48th Level
- From Horizon’s Beak at the third turning corridor, you can go back as you build the bridge.
- Also, at the fourth turning corridor, you’ll only need to put one stack of the bridge on the main platform. You need to defeat seven Brainpans.
- A monster called Deidar will appear in corridors three and four. There are about nine of them in total. Killing them will result in the destruction of a section of the bridge.
6. A boss battle with Slyt will begin on the 49th floor.
- Make sure to use the Save Crystal on the 48th floor.
- Get your party ready to face the Slyt.
- The boss battle will begin as soon as you enter the 49th floor.
Slyt Boss Battle
- The boss will regenerate health throughout the fight, which cannot be stopped. You’ll need to use powerful magicks and techniques to defeat the boss, fire spells in particular. Firaga is very effective in this fight.
- After the battle, head back to Pharos – Second Ascent by going through the Ancient door and accessing the Way Stone there.
The Pharos・Second Ascent
1. A command will become unusable as you select one of the four shrines.
- Activating one of the four shrines will lock a particular command in combat.
- By activating the shrine on the 64th floor (Third Ascent,) the party will be able to use the locked command again.
Northwest: The party cannot use weapons / Southwest: The party cannot use magicks.
Northeast：The party cannot use items. / Southeast：The party cannot use the map.
- Of the four conditions, the northeast, which locks items, and southeast, which locks the map, shrines are the most manageable since the conditions are less crippling in battle.
- There will be a map on the 62nd floor and a save crystal will be on the 64th floor.
2. A boss battle with Fenrir will begin on the 65th floor.
Fenrir Boss Battle
- Casting sleep on Fenrir will make the fight significantly easier.
3. The shrine on the 65th floor will unlock whichever command was sealed.
- You can unlock the command by touching the shrine.
4. Climb up and use the transfer device to go to Pharos – Third Ascent.
|← Ancient City of Giruvegan||The Pharos – Sky Fortress Bahamut →|
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|