This is the Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12: TZA] Sidequest Walkthrough for Cactuar Family, including methods to access it, rewards and enemies.
Click here to go to our Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12:TZA] Top Page!
Side Quest Availability
- Access Conditions
- Obtaining the Dawn Shard.
- Complete Dalmasca Desert Bloom Hunt.
- Complete the Flowering Cactoid Hunt.
- Missable Conditions
Side Quest Walkthrough
Before doing this, make sure you did the Flowering Cactoid hunt to have a smoother gameplay.
- Speak to Dantro outside the outpost.
- Give Dantro’s wife the Cactuar Bloom Flower. She’s at the South Bank Village.
- While running this quest, you can also do the Patient in the Desert Quest.
- Speak to the little boy Tchigiri who says his father hasn’t returned home.
- The elder then asks Vaan to go with the boy and retrieve the father.
- After locating the father, he explains his situation. Apparently, a Cactuar mother is looking for her son.
- Head back to South Bank Village and talk to Dantro’s wife.
- Head to the back of the house and pick up “Dran?”
- Return to the Cactoid Mother and she’ll let the father go.
- After that, the father rewards Vaan with 1000 Gil and the Wyrmfire Shot.