This is the Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12: TZA] Main Walkthrough for Part 1 – Prologue. This will contain the items, the bosses, the enemies, and everything you’ll come across in the Prologue.
Click here to go to our Story Walkthrough Directory!
Part 1 – Prologue
- Finish the opening and start off as Rex.
Welcome to the Prologue! Here, you’ll be using Rex. This is where you’ll learn how to control him and work around the game. As you go through this part, it’ll teach you how to apply skills, use items, and attack. Basch will be the one giving you the tutorials.
As you go through this part, you’ll fight Imperial Soldiers. Take them down before moving onto the next battle.
- First Battle after Tutorial.
- After that, open the door that will lead you inside the fortress. There, head through another door that’ll lead you to the next battle. One of the battleships – the Aircutter Remora – will attack you. But don’t worry, just drop it to half amount of life. The Aircutter Remora will use Remora Bomb. You won’t be fighting alone either so, taking him down shouldn’t be hard.
Once he reaches half-life, Basch will finish it off with a Quickening.
- Head up the stairs.
After finishing off the Remora, head up the stairs. When you make your way up the stairs, there’s a save point. Use it. It’s there for a reason. If you’re looking for it, it looks like a large blue crystal. Once you finish saving, head out to trigger a cutscene.
- Battling the Imperial Swordsmen.
As the event continues, your friends will head on without you. This then leaves Rex alone to fight 3 Imperial Swordsmen. Just kite them around, focus them down one at a time. With that, you won’t have any problems.
- After all this, you’ll now have control over Vaan.
Royal City of Rabanastre
- Battle the rats. Time to exterminate the rodents.
Once you control Vaan, you’ll find yourself in a cellar. For the first battle, you’ll be battling rats. After that, you can head into the royal city of Rabanastre.
- Talk to Penelo
After talking to Penelo, you’ll get the World Map. At least you’ll have an easier time navigating.
- Miguelo’s Sundries
Once you’re there, he’ll tell you where to find your younger brother at the bar. The bar’s right in front of the item shop so head straight there. Once you head there, you’ll find Tomaji. He then will give you an idea how the License Board works and also a Clan Report. The Clan Report is what keeps track of your progress and the License Board is for some skills.
After that, Tomaji will give you the Orrachea Bracelet. This will boost your HP up by 25. After that, he’ll show you how the Hunt System works. You’ll have Marks (the monsters to kill) to deal with. Your first mark will be a Rogue Tomato.
- Head to the east gate.
- Once you’re done, head out. The city has three gates but only the East gate will be open.
- Before you leave, talk to the Merchant who will ask you to deliver something for him.
- Take the quest and then talk to the Banga guard.
- He’ll let you out in a bit. When you’re out, you’ll find a save point and the merchant you have to give the items to.
- With that, head into Dalmasca Estersand.
- Look for your Rogue Tomato.
The Rogue Tomato should be running around somewhere in Dalmasca Estersand. As you venture through the area, you can either grind train your characters. Or, you can use Vaan’s Steal command to grab some items. Once you find the Rogue Tomato, get ready to engage it.