This page contains a boss guide on Ultima, the High Seraph, including boss stats and strategy guide on how to defeat it in Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (FF12:TZA).
Ultima, the High Seraph
|Ultima, the High Seraph|
|Steal||Virgo Gem, Hi-Ether, High Arcana||Poach||–|
Ultima, the High Seraph is an Esper that can be found in the world of Ivalice. Ultima represents the zodiac sign of Virgo and she is associated to the element Holy. She has appeared in several Final Fantasy games as a summon, and she is often depicted as an angel-like being with multiple wings on its back.
In preparation for the battle, your party members must first have the following items/abilities to make the battle much easier:
- Ethers, Phoenix Downs, and other curative items.
- Abilties such as Haste, Bubble, Protect, and Shell
- Dark-type weapons (most notably the Yagyu Darkblade)
Ultima’s defense against physical attacks will increase as its HP decreases, so use magic attacks during the second half of the fight.
In addition, Ultima puts out a magick field around the area once her HP goes down to 70%, causing your party member to be inflicted with stat debuffs and battle debilitations. Here are the following magick field debilitations in order as well as tips on how to deal with each field:
- HP Decrease – fight normally
- MP Decrease – use recovery items to increase HP or MP
- Attack Command Seal – use magick attacks or defensive abilities (such as Shell and Protect)
- Magick Command Seal – use recovery items
- Item Command Seal – fight normally
- Increase Weapon Attack Cooldown/Charge Time – Caste Haste or equip Hermes Sandals to quicken the party members’ weapon charge time.
|Sap||Protect (100%)||No Knockback|
|Doom||Shell (100%)||Ignore Vitality|
|Silence||Reflect (100%)||Ignore Weather & Landscape|
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|