Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Kahlii is a mage hero who is able inflict massive amounts of damage from a distance. A vengeful spirit god that takes satisfaction in the demise of mortals, Kahlii can contribute a lot of fire power with her ultimate, Ethereal Pulse.
- Great Harasser – Kahlii’s Powerful Hymns can pierce through enemy units, allowing her to deal damage to enemies even when they are hiding behind minions. This passive can also affect towers, letting you hit minions and heroes while also damaging enemy towers from afar. Her passive and abilities combined make her a very painful enemy to lane against.
- Fantastic Pusher – Kahlii’s area of effect (AoE) abilities make her amazing at wiping out minion waves. This keeps pressure high on the lane she’s in while also allowing her to regularly roam the field to gank. Placing Soul Summoning on a wave will deal significant amounts of damage to those inside while Kahlii pierces them with her magically enhanced basic attacks or destroys them with Ethereal Pulse.
- Strong in Team Fights – Kahlii thrives in team fights with her high damage, AoE abilities. Soul Summoning slows and constantly damages enemies caught within the circle, her normal attacks affect everyone in a line, and her ultimate allows her to siege heroes from afarGrood~.
- Tricky ultimate – Khalii’s ultimate is very strong, but can only be cast in a single direction. Furthermore, minions and monsters can intercept the ability and protect the enemy. This makes the ability hard to hit and requires careful positioning in order to be effective. Coordination with your team for some additional crowd control will make landing this high power skill much easier.
- No Reliable Escape – Kahlii’s only form of mobility is Spiritual Blessing, which in itself is not that effective as an escape tool. This makes her very vulnerable to gap closers and assassins that can easily get in her position and burst her down.
- Squishy – Much like any other mages, Kahlii is very squishy and has a good chance of dying early when focused. Spiritual Blessing grants her a shield, but it’s often not enough to deal with an enemy’s damage.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Mid lane is the best place to be as Kahlii. You want to keep a distance from enemy heroes and farm as safely as you can during the laning phase. Use Soul Summoning to quickly clear minion waves. Be careful, though, as overextending opens up opportunities for the enemy jungler to gank you. Kahlii doesn’t have any escape abilities, so keeping distance and playing safe is a must.
- Despite having the capability to do so very quickly, Ethereal Pulse shouldn’t be used to clear enemy waves. Her auto attacks and Spiritual Blessing are enough to clear waves together, so it is better to save Ethereal Pulse for heroes.
- Use Spiritual Blessing whenever you can to maintain the extra movement speed and ability power.
- Kahlii is much more flexible in which ability she maxes first, as both Soul Summoning and Spiritual Blessing are great abilities. If you opt to be more aggressive and want to try for a few kills in the first few minutes of the game, Soul Summoning is a great ability to max first.
- Maxing Spiritual Blessing, however, leads to a much safer early game. This ability increases its movement speed bonus, ability power bonus, and cooldown every level. This is a good trade-off for players who want to focus on auto attacks and the overall damage of her abilities when Spiritual Blessing is active.
- Ganking – Ganking is very difficult as Kahlii, since you will generally need a teammate with a lot of crowd control to assist you. The best you can do is cast Soul Summoning and activate Ethereal Pulse before the enemy can get out of the circle. You can also wait for your teammates to stun them before using the Soul Summoning + Ethereal Pulse combo.
- Solo Battles – Kahlii isn’t well suited to one on one fights, needing to maintain distance from her prey and possessing skills geared towards hitting multiple targets. Try to trap your foe in Soul Summoning and hit them with Ethereal Pulse, all while Spiritual Blessing is active. Pepper in some normal attacks afterwards if they are on death’s door to finish the opponent off.
- Team Fights – Keep distance from the team fight while using Soul Summoning and Ethereal Pulse to damage whomever you can. Wait until right after an ally initates with their abilities before starting your assault to avoid drawing attention to yourself.
- Escaping Fights – The movement speed boost from Spiritual Blessing is your only tool in escaping. Casting Soul Summoning in front of the enemy can also help by slowing their movement speed. If is available and you have a small lead, cast Ethereal Pulse behind you to punish anyone who chases. There is a small wind-up period to this skill, however, so use it sparingly in this way.
|Powerful Hymns – Passive – Kahlii’s normal attacks have a pierce effect that deals 50 (+1.0)(+0.4 AP)ˀmagic damage.|
- Powerful Hymns makes Kahlii great at harassing enemies and clearing minions during the laning phase.
- The projectile will always travel a set distance no matter Kahlii’s range from her target. Getting used to this distance is essential to limiting your damage to your intended targets. Wreckless use of her attacks can lead to drawing the attention of enemy towers or neutral monsters.
|Soul Summoning – Kahlii conjures a magical circle, dealing 135/155/175/195/215/235 (+0.3 AP) magic damage every 0.5 seconds to all enemies in the target area and slowing their movement speed by 10% for 2 seconds. The slow effect stacks up to 5 times.|
- Use this ability on enemies who are preoccupied with a team fight. Otherwise, it is very easy to escape from.
- Soul Summoning can be a great tool in zoning out enemies as well as in farming minions during the laning phase.
|Spiritual Blessing – Active: Kahlii gains a buff that increases her ability power by 50/80/110/140/170/200 and movement by 7/9/11/13/15/17% for 60 seconds. Kahlii absorbs the power of the wraith and gains an absorption shield with 250 shield points (+0.3 AP)Passively increases Kahlii’s ability power by 25/40/55/70/85/100 and movement speed 2/3/4/5/6/7%. Passive and Active bonuses stack.|
- Spiritual Blessing should be active as often ass possible, it increasing her ability power, aiding her positioning, and helping her outrun enemy heroes.
- You can cast this ability while channeling Ethereal Pulse.
- Kahlii maintains the speed and ability power boosts as long as the shield is active.
- The shield scales with ability power and does not significantly scale with the ability’s rank. The bonus shield point ratio is around 1.0 AP but can not be reliably checked at time of writing. Base shield power is between 100-200 points.
|Ethereal Pulse – Kahlii unleashes her frenzied vengeance on enemies. She summons 55 waves of wraiths over 5 seconds that continuously attack enemies in the target direction, each wave dealing 70/90/110 (+0.09 AP) magic damage. Deals 10% more damage against monsters.|
- Ethereal Pulse is a very strong damaging ability that is best used in team fights. Be careful when aiming this ability, as it can’t be canceled or change in direction.
- It’s better to cast this when there are no enemy minions in its path to ensure that your projectiles strike enemy heroes.
- Should Kahlii’s ability power change during the skill’s duration, for example through losing or gaining Spiritual Blessing, all subsequent projectiles will use the new ability power in their damage calculation.
How to Counter Kahlii
- During the early game, keep moving when facing against Kahlii to avoid getting caught in the ring of Soul Summoning.
- Quicklly burst away her shield whenever Kahlii casts Spiritual Blessing. Not only will she be more vulnerable, she won’t benefit from the ability’s ability power once the shield is down.
Hero Item Build
|Battle Mage Build|
|Orb of the Magi||Enchanted Kicks||Frosty’s Revenge|
|Boomstick||Hecate’s Diadem||Holy of Holies|
- If you need more offensive presence through ability power and magic pierce, opt for a magic focused arcana build – Violate, Devour, Hex. This allows you to have a ton of ability power and magic piercing which greatly benefits Kahlii’s abilities.
- Having attack speed as the main focus of your arcana is also viable, as Kahlii’s passive allows her to deal magic damage with her auto attacks. Conjure, Guerilla, and Flurry will give her attack speed bonuses while additionally amplifying her magic damage.
You want to stay away from tanks as much as possible. Killing a tank is very hard for Kahlii when she is alone, but she might have a chance at dealing enough damage for her teammates to finish them off. Stay out of the range of their control abilities and harass them to whittle down their health. You can cast Ethereal Pulse while running away to punish them for chasing you.
Warriors are manageable, provided that you keep distance from them. Same as with tanks, use Ethereal Pulse from a safe distance away and make sure to keep up Spiritual Blessing to stay out of harm’s reach.
Assassins are dangerous for mages. Kahlii can’t do anything once an assassin jumps her in a fight. Use Soul Summoning and Spiritual Blessing to maintain your distance, casting Ethereal Pulse only when you have a decent chance to killing them quickly.
Kahlii excels against mages who rely on skill shots and positioning for their abilities. When facing against mages with single target abilities, however, stay out of their ability range. Your sustained damage won’t be enough to combat their burst.
Kahlii can easily kill marksmen from afar, especially if she catches them with a Soul Summoning + Ethereal Pulse combo. However, do not go against a marksman in one on one encounters. They can easily kite and outdamage you with their auto attacks. Kahlii will have a very hard time if they can get her within their range.
Supports are squishy targets, especially when alone. Be careful, though, as getting caught by their control abilities is a short road to death for squishy mages.
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|