Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Don’t let this old man’s appearance fool you. Ignis wields powerful fire magic as a means to burn away his enemies. He runs around the battlefield unleashing a barrage of fire onto his enemies. His Sacred Flame marks his enemies, allowing his abilities to take on additional effects when they land, allowing him additional survivability or utility.
- Low Cooldowns – Ignis’ main harassing tool, Fire Crash, only has a 3-second cooldown. Even his more powerful spells can be used fairly frequently, allowing the wizard to constantly be throwing spells out at his opponent
- High Mobility – When striking with Fire Crash, Ignis gains a movement speed boost for one second. Given the ability’s low cooldown, we will be able to very quickly run around fights and position himself on the battlefield.
- Low Damage – While Ignis can cast out a constant barrage of spells, none of them have the same impact as other mages’ spells. He will have to constantly hit targets or rely on his controlling ability to be effective in fights.
- Skill Shot based – All of Ignis’ abilities require careful aim to hit enemies, his Fire Crash in particular stopping once it hits an enemy. Ignis will have to pay careful attention to his positioning and rely on the stun from Rain of Fire for harder to hit spells like Holy Embers.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Ignis is best suited to the middle lane. Use Fire Crash to last hit minions and harass the enemy behind them. Cast Fire Crash often to clear the waves quickly and to harass your opponent.
- Use Ignis’ high speed to quickly move to the side lanes in between minion waves to gank.
- Ignis will play more like a magical warrior as the game moves forward, his playstyle more suited to sustained damage rather than bursts of damage like other mages.
- Generally, more focus should be put on Fire Crash than Rain of Fire while leveling. Its higher damage and lower cooldown make it an effective tool in harassing enemies and clearing minion waves. Furthermore, it can be used as an easy way to mark enemies with your Sacred Flame.
- Take Holy Ember whenever possible. It is especially good against enemies who have tried to stack magic defense.
- Solo Fights: Initiate the fight with Fire Crash to mark the target and deal some initial damage. Follow up with Rain of Fire to stun the target while dealing out some additional damage. Use Holy Embers while the target is stunned for even more damage, they having another mark on them at this point through the continued damage from Rain of Fire. Continue to attack and chase the enemy with Fire Crash, using Rain of Fire whenever it comes off cooldown to stun the target again.
- Team Fights: Ignis shines in team battles with his Rain of Fire and Holy Embers combo. Either accompany allies or pretend to split push to throw off your opponent’s map awareness. Cast Fire Crash as often as possible, it’s low cooldown allowing for near constant usage.
- Escaping the Battle: Your best escape combination would be Rain of Fire and Fire Crash. The stun from Rain of Fire and movement speed boost from Fire Crash are your best bet in trying to get out of a tough situation.
|Sacred Fire – Passive – Fire Crash places a Mark of the Flame on targets hit and enhances Ignis’ next ability directed at the marked targets. The mark lasts 3 seconds, and when the mark is consumed by an ability, Ignis is healed for 100(+5 per level) (+0.15 AP) HP and the cooldown for Fire Crash is reset.|
- Mark of the Flame refreshes Fire Crash’s cooldown on hit.
|Fire Crash – Ignis forms the Sacred Flame into an orb and launches it, dealing 300/340/380/420/460/500 (+0.4 AP) magic damage to the first enemy hit and nearby enemies in a cone behind it. Also increases Ignis’ movement speed by 40% for 1 second. If marked targets are hit, then Ignis gains a shield that absorbs 300/400/500/600/700/800 (+0.65 AP) damage for 3 seconds.|
- Fire crash makes a good opening attack to apply Mark of the Flame on targets while gathering some buffs.
- Don’t forget about the utility effects of Fire Crash. The speed boost and shield can be a big help in both escaping and chasing.
|Rain of Fire – Ignis summons a Rain of Fire at the target area for 3 seconds, dealing 135/170/205/240/275/310 (+0.45 AP) magic damage every second to enemies in the area and reducing their movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds. Marked targets are stunned for 0.75 second.|
- Rain of Fire is a useful tool in clearing whole minion waves with a single skill.
- Opening with Rain of Fire allows you to immediately follow with Holy Embers. The slow or stun will keep the enemy from escaping during your ultimate’s cast delay.
- Units have all control effects applied to them with each wave of damage. If an enemy is hit by the first wave of damage, Mark of the Flame will appear after the second. Therefore, if they are then hit by the third wave of damage, they will be stunned. As such, it is possible to stun an enemy with a single ability use.
- Rain of Fire lasts for 3.5 seconds which can prevent enemies from escaping or force them to split up.
|Holy Embers – Ignis creates a Sacred Fire formation that deals 700/900/1100 (+0.9 AP) magic damage after 1 second to enemy heroes in the target area. Marked targets take 800/1000/1200 (+1 AP) True Damage.|
- Casting Holy Embers directly after another skill will cause the damage to proc directly after the Mark of the Flame appears. This is especially useful when used in combo with Rain of Fire.
How to Counter Ignis
- Ignis’ abilities are skill shots that can be lured into missing. Be wary of when he is about to cast his abilities as to step out of the way when they come for you.
- Ignis’ abilities aren’t the most potent, so players don’t have to worry about taking one or two hits. Watch out for Rain of Fire, however, as it is very easy for Ignis to chain Holy Embers afterward.
Hero Item Build
|SG Recommended Build|
Orb of the Magi
Holy of Holies
- Ignis is a mage and thereby can benefit a lot from Violate, Devour, and Hex to bolster his ability damage.
With his ultimate able to deal true damage, Ignis can be a threat to tanks. His main worry when facing them is the crowd control that many hold, as he has little way to deal with enemies up close. Do your best to maintain a healthy distance from tanks, harassing with your Fire Crash and finishing them off with a Rain of Fire and Holy Ember combo.
While restricted to melee range, many warriors can take a lot of punishment before they can be defeated, and others are able to move quickly as to avoid Ignis’ skill shots. Furthermore, should they reach Ignis, he will have little chance of escaping their damage. Keep far away from warriors, only engaging with an ally’s help or the element of surprise on your side. Ignis will do well against them so long as he maintains his distance.
A mage’s biggest weakness. Assassins prioritize mobility, allowing them to easily sneak up on Ignis and avoid his attacks. If playing Ignis, stay close to a tank who can quickly respond to you if attacked.
Some mages prioritize on control, others on harass. Ignis doesn’t fare very well against mages that prioritize control, lacking much of his own. If facing harassing mages, he can out-damage them provided he is able to land his abilities. As for burst mages, Ignis needs to dodge their initial burst before he can start to whittle them down.
Marksmen can shoot past walls and they focus on basic attacks. This can put Ignis at a disadvantage, as marksmen can hide in the bushes and quickly take Ignis out. Approaching can be difficult as well, their basic attacks not needing the precise aim of a skill shot, so approach sparingly. That said, managing to stun one will generally mean their doom, and Ignis can harass them well with Fire Crash.
If one-on-one, the battle between Ignis and a Support may take awhile. However, in a team fight, Ignis may have an advantage if his damage can outpace their heals. Generally, they are better ignored, the carries in a fight much more desirable targets.
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|