Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Superman is a Warrior/Tank adept at quickly engaging the opposition and raining down justice with his fists from the middle of team fights. The Last Son of Krypton is a capable hero who can withstand enemy control abilities and is extremely potent when close to his targets.
- Excellent at Engaging – Superman’s abilities enable him to initiate team fights extremely well. His Flight passive gives him access to modified versions of his abilities, all of which make his initiates quick and deadly.
- Good Burst Damage – Superman also possesses quite a bit of burst damage, especially when empowered with Flight. Kryptonian Strength is especially deadly when empowered, it enabling Superman to breach the enemy front line and damage their carries.
- Short Time Immunity to Control Effects – When used, Man of Steel cleanses Superman of any enemy control effects. As an initiator, this allows him to bring havoc to the enemy damage dealers without fear of being slowed or stopped.
- Difficult – Players have to understand and master Superman’s Flight passive. Flight empowers Superman’s abilities, so knowing when you’ll need a full stack of Flight and which skill to empower are key when maximizing his potential.
- Needs to Coordinate with Teammates – As great as Superman is at starting team fights and dealing an initial burst of damage, he still needs his team to follow up on his initiation. Skilled opponents will be keen on determining when Superman is about to start a team fight.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Superman is good at taking a lane solo or with a teammate. When solo, farm for experience and gold so that you can get your core items quickly. When you’re with a teammate, you are more able to harass your opponents and should act more as a support to your laning partner.
- Whenever you start small skirmishes, it is always best to be at the front line, especially when paired with your team’s carry. This way, they are able to deal their damage while you take the brunt of the enemies’ abilities.
- Level up Kryptonian Strength first, as this will be your primary damaging and engaging ability.
- Follow up with Man of Steel. This allows you to get out of enemy crowd control and retaliate.
- Finally, level up Speeding Bullet as often as possible. Speeding Bullet helps you quickly gain stacks of Flight, which is essential to mastering Superman.
- Solo Fights: While Superman can throw down in a one on one fight, it is usually best to steer clear of them until after he’s farmed his core items. Lead in with an empowered Kryptonian Strength and pummel your enemy with normal attacks. If they manage to stun you, use Man of Steel to remove the debuff and continue the attack. Keep in mind to try to move while battling your foe to gain stacks for Flight and empower your abilities. That said, basic attacks will cancel out the stacks you have gained, so only bother doing so between ability uses.
- Team Fights: Before you engage, make sure you have full stacks of Flight. Once you do, lead the charge with an empowered Kryptonian Strength to burst through the enemy front line and damage their carries. You can alternatively use an empowered Man of Steel or Speeding Bullet to engage the enemy team. Follow up with a normal Kryptonian Strength to further damage and slow the opposition while your teammates bring their own firepower.
- Ganking: Target the squishiest opponent and tag them with Kryptonian Strength. This will slow your target down, allowing your teammates to focus and eliminate your target.
- Escaping the Battle: Use Man of Steel whenever you’ve been hit by a control ability. Afterward, use Speeding Bullet to assist with your escape. This will increase your movement speed and help you quickly recover Flight stacks.
|Flight (Passive) – Superman has two modes: flying and walking. He gains 2% movement speed and charges energy for every 100 units he walks, and takes flight once energy is fully charged. Flight mode grants 20% movement speed when moving towards an enemy, and his normal attacks deal additional damage equal to 10% of his own maximum HP. Superman exits Flight mode when he is hit with a control effect that lowers his movement speed to 375 or less.|
- Superman’s empowered abilities make his engages deadly. For instance, Kryptonian Strength gives Superman two instances of burst damage when empowered.
- Keep in mind that you gain stacks of Flight only when moving forward. If you quickly turn around, stop, or attack, you’ll lose all of your stacks.
|Kryptonian Strength – Superman uses his ice breath to generate a blizzard that deals 250/500/750/1000/1250/1500 (+1.5 AD) physical damage to enemies and slows their movement speed by 50% for 1 second. If in Flight mode, Superman rams into enemies dealing (1.0 AD) (+10% Maximum HP) physical damage, and then fires his heat vision dealing an additional 215/430/645/860/1075/1290 (+1.27 AD) physical damage.|
- Kryptonian Strength is your main damaging ability. Its basic state allows you to slow enemies in a half circle. This is good when you’ve breached the opposing team and can target their carries.
- Kryptonian Strength’s empowered version can be used as your primary initiating ability. It gives you the ability to push your opponents back and damage them for a good chunk of their HP.
|Man of Steel – Superman unleashes his full power, which immediately frees him from control effects and significantly increases his movement speed. If in Flight mode, Superman will slam the ground and knock back enemies, dealing 335/470/605/740/875/1010 (+1.12 AD) physical damage as well as rid himself of control effects and increase his movement speed.|
- Man of Steel allows you to brush off your opponents’ control effects. Remember to use this during team fights and whenever you’re getting focused by the enemy team’s abilities.
- Man of Steel’s empowered version gives you another engaging ability which cleanses any debuffs you have. It also grants you increased movement speed which you can use for your Flight stacks.
|ULTIMATE – Speeding Bullet – Superman taps into his full potential, which increases his charge up speed by 100% for 8/9/10 seconds. If in Flight mode, Superman will ram into his enemies and knock them back, dealing (1.0 AD) (+10% Maximum HP) physical damage, and have his charge up speed increased by 100% for 10 seconds.|
- Use Speeding Bullet once you’ve started the team fight. This will make you gather stacks for Flight more easily, something that can be difficult in team fights.
- When you have full Flight stacks, Speeding Bullet is also a good initiating ability thanks to its burst damage.
- Once you’ve hit your intended targets with an empowered Speeding Bullet, follow up with Kryptonian Strength to take out a chunk of their HP.
How to Counter Superman
- Be on your toes when Superman is nowhere to be seen on the map. He could be setting up a grand initiate against your team.
- Whenever Superman decides to engage, it is a good idea to fall back so that he’ll be coaxed into using the remainder his abilities. Once he’s exhausted his abilities, you can retaliate and punish him with disables.
Hero Item Build
|Mantle of Ra||Gilded Greaves||Hyoga’s Edge|
|Mail of Pain||Medallion of Troy||Amulet of Longevity|
The items in this build bolster Superman’s strengths of engaging the enemies head-on, soaking up damage for his team, and dealing hiw own damage in the process. Given that Superman’s abilities allow him to get into the thick of team fights, it is imperative to equip him with items that increase his tankiness. Most of the items listed here give bonus HP, which will make him more durable. In addition, these items help increase Superman’s empowered abilities, since most of their damage scales with his max health.
- Superman works well with an in-your-face, attack damage-focused arcana build such as Onslaught, Assassinate, and Skewer. This set allows him to deal tons of damage with his abilities each time he charges into opponents.
- For defensive-minded players, Superman can run arcana are Indomitable, Benevolence, and Crusader to bolster his HP, armor, movement speed, and cooldown speed..
Superman does well against tanks. Since Superman’s kit relies on him charging towards the enemies, his empowered abilities are effective at knocking back opposing tanks and making space for his team to rally behind him. In a one on one fight, Superman’s damage can put a dent in enemy tanks. That said, it’s better to focus on setting up fights with your teammates.
Similar to with tanks, Superman does okay against warriors who are more offensively minded. He is able to do decent burst damage with his empowered Kryptonian Strength and Speeding Bullet. He does have a bit of trouble dealing with defensive warriors, however. These heroes are able to take Superman’s initial burst and strike back just as hard with their own abilities.
Superman’s success rate against assassins depends on if he can tag them with his empowered abilities. For instance, when he hits them with an empowered Kryptonian Strength or Speeding Bullet, he is able to put the opposing assassins out of commission. Conversely, if the assassins manage to evade Superman’s initial burst, they stand a chance of punishing him with their burst combo.
Superman fares well against mages, thanks to Man of Steel. As soon as an enemy mage catches Superman with a control ability, he can use Man of Steel to get rid of any debuffs and make a beeline to the offender to deal some burst damage of his own.
Superman does okay against marksmen. That said, a fed marksman can kite him and deal a lot of damage before the Man of Steel can set up his powerful initiate. It is best to beat the opposing marksmen to the punch by hindering their laning phase. This can be done by coordinating with your teammates to gank their lanes early and often.
Superman does run into a bit of trouble when dealing with support heroes that have more than one control ability. He struggles against slows and stuns that are cast after he uses Man of Steel as he will no longer be able to get close to targets or trigger his Flight.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|