Arena of Valor (AoV) - Wisp Item Builds

Wisp Item Builds Guide for Arena of Valor (AoV). Each build is geared toward a different play style, so choose one that fits your personal preference.

▼ Hero Class Guides
List of Item Builds
AoV WarriorWarrior AoV TankTank AoV AssassinAssassin
AoV MageMage AoV MarksmanMarksman AoV SupportSupport

Wisp Item Builds

Arena of Valor Wisp

Hero Item Builds List

Because Loose Cannon and Shock and Awe benefit tremendously from landing critical hits, increasing Wisp’s critical chance and critical damage is your first priority. After that, building attack damage, attack speed, armor pierce, and cooldown speed are all of roughly equal importance, and subject to personal play style. Finally, some players may prefer a bit of sustain in the form of armor or life steal so that Wisp has more time to lay down her area of effect auto attacks into multiple heroes.

Core Items

These items are necessary in order to play Wisp optimally. Only diverge from a core item if you are a very experienced player or you have a very good reason for doing so.

Arena of Valor Claves Sancti
Claves Sancti
Claves is mandatory for any crit build, it offering attack damage, critical chance, and some wonderful passive abilities. First and foremost, it raises the damage dealt whenever the user critically strikes, a must on its own. Beyond that, it additionally increases the user’s movement speed whenever they land a crit, Unless you start in the jungle, Claves should almost always be your first item.
Arena of Valor Slikk's Sting
Slikk’s Sting
As it is her only means of escape, Loose Cannon can put Wisp in a rather vulnerable position whenever she uses it offensively. Slikk’s Sting alleviates some pressure from the girl when she commits. The item offerrs resistance whenever the uses lands a critical strike, protecting them from the full effects of crowd control. Given how reliant she is on critical chance, Wisp will be able to constantly benefit from the effect and maintain a bit of slipperiness as she attacks.

Optional Items

Arena of Valor Devil's Handshake
Devil’s Handshake
Adding Devil’s Handshake to the items above will not only bring Wisp’s critical chance up to 70%, but also raise her attack speed and movement speed to ridiculous levels. The downside, however, is that investing in Slikk’s and Devil’s means you’re buying three items (including boots) that don’t add anything to Wisp’s attack damage.
Arena of Valor Bow of Slaughter
Bow of Slaughter
Offering attack damage, critical chance, and life steal all in one place, Bow of Slaughter can be a fantastic pick up for Wisp. In addition to its great stats, Wisp can use its passive to tempmorarily boost her lifesteal up to max.
Arena of Valor Fenrir's Tooth
Fenrir’s Tooth
Fenrir’s is nearly mandatory, as the huge damage it provides synergizes well with the critical chance you’ll be building. It only increases attack damage though, so players who want to lean into a different category may not have the space for it.
Arena of Valor Rankbreaker
Losing CDR in the April 2018 patch hurts, but Rankbreaker still gives some juicy attack damage and the highest raw armor pierce. The biggest downside for Wisp is that Rankbreaker is best built early, and Wisp will typically want to prioritize critical chance instead.
Arena of Valor Muramasa
Wisp will often find herself in situations where Muramasa is necessary. Unless the fights are pretty frenetic, Wisp may have a hard time getting to the back line, meaning you’ll instead need to cut through the armor of the front line as quickly as possible. The CDR is nice as well, since Wisp’s cooldowns are pretty long.
Arena of Valor Spear of Longinus
Spear of Longinus
All of Wisp’s abilities deal splash damage, meaning you’ll be reducing the armor of multiple heroes in every fight, helping your allies clean up. Add in 15% CDR and a bit of sustain and Longinus is usually the pick over Rankbreaker if your allies don’t already have it.
Arena of Valor Omni Arms
Omni Arms
You won’t be using Omni Arms’ passive much, but the stats you’ll be getting are all useful to Wisp. In particular, the CDR and lifesteal are handy as you might not be getting those with any other items.
Arena of Valor Hyoga's Edge
Hyoga’s Edge
If you need a defensive item, choose Hyoga’s Edge over Frost Cape as you’ll be auto attacking a lot more than you’ll be using abilities. The splash damage on Loose Cannon allows you lock down multiple heroes for your allies to clean up.
Arena of Valor The Aegis
The Aegis
With arguably the best defensive passive in Arena of Valor, The Aegis allows Wisp to get in multiple splash hits onto the clumped enemy team while 1) preventing her from evaporating from any retaliation and 2) allowing her to escape if one or two heroes jump on her.
Arena of Valor Scorching Wind
Scorching Wind
Insane attack speed? Yes please. If wanting to try out whisp in the jungle or simply wanting the heavy attack speed that the item provides, Scorching Wind can be an excellent addition to Wisp’s build.

Boots Upgrade

Arena of Valor War Boots
War Boots
The extra attack speed feels great on Wisp, though you’ll have to be extra careful when engaging fights if you opt out of either of the defensive boots.
Arena of Valor Gilded Greaves
Gilded Greaves
Go with Gilded Greaves if the opponent has tons of CC to lock you down or an inordinate amount of magic damage. You should typically be skirting around the edges of the fight, though, so Gilded Greaves is not as necessary as it is on other heroes.
Arena of Valor Sonic Boots
Sonic Boots
If Violets or Wukongs are ruining your day, Sonic Boots can keep you alive long enough to pump out your damage.

Sample Item Builds

We go all-out offensive in this build, adding 70% critical chance (+50% critical damage), 410 attack damage, 85-135% attack speed, 250 armor pierce, and 10-20% movement speed. If the enemy team leaves you alone for a couple of seconds, they’re as good as dead. Keep in mind that this build has 0 sustain, so you’ll need to perfect your positioning and timing with Wisp before you try this one out.

This build gives up some damage in exchange for staying in the fight a bit longer. You’ll still be able to connect with splashing critical hits 50% of the time, while the 30% CDR will have your abilities up almost constantly. What this build excels at, though, is chasing or retreating based on the situation. If the enemy comes after you, The Aegis will slow them down; meanwhile, your attacks will in turn slow your opponents with the help of Hyoga’s Edge. Finally, Loose Cannon will be on a much shorter cooldown, allowing you to deal with all but the most mobile of opponents.

While not the most popular choice for jungling, Wisp can find success in the jungle. When doing so, she’ll need to take Scorching Wind. After that we beef up her damage, attack speed taken care of. Claves Sancti and Fenrir’s Tooth will make each of her attacks nice and beefy, allowing her to splash tons of damage into clusters of enemies. The addition of Slikk’s Sting will allow her to consistently crit and allow the girl to slip out of enemy control effects.

Send us your builds!

Have a build you want to share? Think you have a build that’s better than what we have listed? Put it in the comments, along with any (optional) explanations for how it works. If we like it, we’ll include it in our sample builds section – just let us know what name you want us to refer you as. For example: “ALG Rest’s Super Duper Support Build.” Feel free to include any social media accounts you want us to link to.

Back to Item Builds List

Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List

Leave a Reply


  1. my equipment before the rework is
    war boots
    claves sancti
    astral spear (-> murmasa)
    omni arms
    blade of eternity (if i lose both resurrect then i buy a fenfir’s tooth)

  2. I have a build for wisp on which I am very successful… similar to your first build…all attack…but I found a way to sustain…in my build if I’m jungling I have 75% critical chance if not 100%…I use since slikk’s sting passive isn’t a unique passive I used 3 slikk’s sting, if I’m jungling I start with soulreaver…it’s the best coz wisps abilities increase with her raw attack damage…I don’t have armor Pierce… instead I build the beast…the 25% life steal with wisp easily criticing in 2000 is too sweet once u try it out…towards the end game if u we’re jungling wisp will easily crit in 3000 otherwise above 2000….if U have proper arcana providing critical damage then u can replace one slikk’s sting with spear of longivnus…let Thane and taara run before you….again this is a highly risky build as u will have zero sustain at least till u get the beast it will take a few games to clearly understand the build…and also…don’t buy “the beast” first itself as it’s quite useless without wisps critical damage at least being above 50%…

      • Yea but I’m using slikks sting mainly for critical chance…and also I made a minor change to the build… I bought arcana providing 5% critical chance and replaced one slikks sting with bow of slaughter… It provides 20% critical chance, with life steal and attack damage and a panic button… So 95% critical chance from build n 5% from arcana.. And this time I have more attack due to bow of slaughter n I think at full equipment I’ll have 35% life steal which is sweet… The only con to this build I haven’t overcome is cool down reduction

        • Heres my thing… Ditch 2 of the stings for devils handshake and bow of slaughter… It would change your build to soul reaver, war boots/guilded greaves, claves, slikk’s, bow of slaughter, devils handshake. This build has 90% crit alone in items, plenty of ad, and sustain. The only thing you lack from this is armour pierce which as a marksmen is kind of a mandatory stat to assist in maximizing dps.