Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Slimz is a marksman who pins down enemies from afar before leaping in to finish them off. With careful aim, Slimz is able to take down some of the heartiest of enemies, stripping away a percentage of their health with each hit.
- High Mobility – Slimz’s second ability, Leap of Vitality, has one of the largest ranges in the game in regards to movement abilities. As such, Slimz can easily vault over practically any boundary in the game and traverse the map exceptionally quickly.
- Strong Damage Buffs – Each of Slimz’s skills enhance his attack power in some way. Using all three together can lead to moments of extremely high damage potential, even to the point of being able to rip through tanks.
- An Impressive Stun – At maximum distance, Slimz’s Flying Spear ability will stun a target for 2.5 seconds. This, followed by closing in with his Leap of Vitality, can lead to easy kills when out ganking.
- Weak Early Game – As with most Marksmen, Slimz relies on amassing items to reach his true potential. He will need to coordinate early ganks with his team mates and spend time farming to contribute later in the game.
- Requires Precision – To maximize its damage and stun duration, Slimz needs to use his Flying Spear ability from quite a long distance. This is not the easiest shot to make with the narrow spear, even less so when the enemy is moving. Furthermore, minions and monsters will take the blow should they be in the projectile’s path.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Slimz can level in either the lane or as a jungler.
- When in lane, he should focus on gaining as many last hits as possible while harassing the enemy with Flying Spear. A good hit could lead to an early kill, but your priority is on farming. Slimz can be bolder than most other marksmen, his Leap of Vitality lending him a natural escape should a problem arise. Don’t let it get you too confident that you are continually putting yourself in risky situations, however.
- When jungling, Slimz should initiate monsters with his Flying Spear at maximum range. After finishing a camp, he can throw a spear to the next and quickly use Leap of Vitality to travel from camp to camp. When ganking, get in a position that allows a clear, long shot at your target. After hitting them with your Flying Spear, jump in and activate your ultimate before attacking. Should the cooldown have refreshed, Flying Spear can be used to pick off fleeing enemies. Should you miss your initial Flying Spear, however, retreat and try for a gank in another lane. Waiting around for the cooldown to try again on a now wary enemy isn’t worth pausing your farming.
- Neither of Slimz’s basic skills scale particularly well, both only gaining damage increases as they level. Focus your early levels on Flying Spear. The damage boost increases offered in higher levels of Leap of Vitality are nice, but the skill shines most for its pure utility. Take levels in your ultimate whenever they become available.
- Solo Battle:
- You will want to start most fights as a gank, throwing your spear from hiding to catch your opponent by surprise. It is much easier to hit a target who doesn’t know you’re attacking them. Immediately jump in with Leap of Vitality after a hit and activate your ultimate as you land. Assault the opponent with basic attacks, tossing another spear after them should they escape. A riskier maneuver, but Slimz can use his leap to cut off his opponent’s escape route. This should generally be avoided unless the enemy is low enough on health that they will try to flee no matter what.
- Team Battle:
- Use your Leap of Vitality to maintain your positioning during the fight. Slimz does the most damage when his opponents are in a straight line before him. This is because his passive, Piercing, causes every third shot to deal damage to enemies behind his target. Should enemies get too close, leap to a new position to continue your assault. Leap away if you draw too much fire, over unpassable terrain if able. If the fight continues after your retreat, you can support your allies with the occasional Flying Spear.
- Escaping the Battle
- Your first and best option is Leap of Vitality. The range of the ability is very impressive and allows Slimz to make maneuvers few other heroes can. Hitting the pursuer with a quick spear will pause their advance as well as give Slimz a small speed boost. If nothing else, they will be forced to swerve to avoid the spear.
|Piercing – Passive – Every third normal attack from Slimz gains a pierce effect where both the target and enemies behind them take 130% of the normal physical damage.|
- Piercing’s bonus damage affects towers, both when the tower is targeted or hit by the pierce.
- On-hit effects apply to enemies hit by pierce.
- If a shot with Piercing would be a critical hit, all units hit take critical damage.
|Flying Spear – Slimz throws a flying spear, dealing a minimum of 150/200/250/300/350/400 (+0.5 AD) ˀ physical damage and up to double the base damage as well as stunning the target for up to 2.5 seconds (effects based on distance the spear has traveled). Upon hitting the enemy, Slimz’s attack speed is increased by 20% for 5 seconds and if the hit enemy is an enemy hero, Slimz’s movement speed is also increased by 30 to 80% (depending on the distance) for 1 second. The spear deals additional 100 true damage when hitting monsters or minions.|
- Flying Spear’s damage is based on distance traveled rather than than Slimz’s current distance to his target. If you are confident in a shot, jump in before it lands to take full advantage of its speed boost.
|Leap of Vitality – Slimz leaps to a specified location and increases his attack damage by 50/60/70/80/90/100 for 5 seconds after he lands.|
- Any skills cast while airborne will activate upon landing.
|Savage Potion – Slimz activates his primal instincts and enhances his normal attacks to deal additional damage equal to 3%/4%/5% of the target’s maximum HP (up to 150 damage for monsters.) His movement speed is also increased for 8 seconds. Each kill or assist extends the ability’s effects by 3 seconds.|
- Savage Potion’s damage affects any enemies hit by Piercing.
How to Counter Slimz
- In the laning phase, it’s best to stay behind the enemy minions to avoid Slimz’ Flying Spear. This is a very powerful ability, but its downside is that it is hard to hit. Avoiding this ability often will lessen Slimz’ chances of acquiring a kill or two in the early game.
- Slimz is very strong in extended team fights because of his steroid abilities that increases his offensive stats. Assess the situation and make sure that you have the necessary fire power to fight back before going all in or retreating.
Hero Item Build
|SG Recommended Build|
|Scorching Wind||War Boots||Claves Sancti|
|Slikk’s Sting||Fafnir’s Talon||Fenrir’s Tooth|
- Slimz already has a decent damage output with his abilities, so adding more physical damage increases his killing potential even more. Obliterate, Assassinate, and Skewer are recommended if you want a ton of damage.
- Sustain arcana are also good for Slimz since he has a decent damage already and adding lifesteal will benefit him in a closely-contested game. Blitz, Reave, and Skewer are strong arcana for a more marksman focused approach to Slimz.
- In the early game, Tanks should be avoided at all times. Slimz will have a hard time whittling away their defenses, even with the element of surprise on his side.
In the later game, however, his items and ultimate give him to ignore their defenses and rip through their health. Getting stunned or silenced could still stop you rather quickly, though, so don’t approach a tank alone.
- A warrior’s reliance on melee makes them easier prey than most. Hit them with Flying Spear before jumping in with Leap of Vitality and knocking down their health with your ultimate. With the proper items and a well placed spear, it is possible to get a kill before the stun is over.
- Assassins have a natural advantage over Slimz in a balanced fight. Most have ways to get close and burst down his health before he can do much in retaliation. Leap away immediately when engaged by an assassin and only make the first shot if you are sure you can kill them before your spear’s stun is up. Once they start moving, you’ll have little chance to get your damage out.
- The main problem Slimz can have with another marksman is something is standing between them and Slimz. Use your Leap of Vitality to get a good position where you can interrupt their attacks with your spear. Follow up with your ultimate enhanced basic attacks. Keep an eye on other marksmen’s items and levels, as they will be the biggest sign as to how well you can fight them.
- Slimz’s Leap of Vitality makes him a difficult target to hit for skill-shot centric mages. Keep moving to avoid their fire, using the moments after their skills to get in some attacks of your own. Most mages are rather weak to being stunned, so your Flying Spear will be a useful weapon in keeping them supressed.
- Killing a support early will make fights significantly easier. However, they are often at the back of their teams. This can make getting into a position to attack them dangerous and hitting them with your Flying Spear quite difficult. Take opportunities as they come, but don’t rush into death trying to kill one.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|