Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Yorn is a purely offensive marksman hero who relies on both his basic attacks and damaging skills to deal large amounts of damage. His ultimate, Heart Shot, allows him to pick off fleeing enemies despite his low mobility.
- Exceptional Damage – Through both his skills and basic attacks, Yorn is able to deal damage very quickly in order to eliminate his opponents.
- Strong Lane Control – Yorn can harass enemies and zone them away from their minions using both of his abilities without disturbing his own farming rate.
- Great at Pushing – Yorn is able to destroy both minion waves and towers very quickly. This can be a huge benefit in the path to siege the opponents’ base.
- Not Durable – As with most Marksmen, Yorn has low defense and health which makes him an easy target for enemy attacks.
- Low Mobility – The downside to his large arsenal of offensive abilities is a lack in movement abilities. Yorn’s only option in bad situations is to run away or try and fight it out.
- Skill Reliant – Yorn, unlike his fellow marksmen, relies on his abilities for some of his damage potential. Missing or under-leveled skills will cripple him more than other, more attack reliant heroes.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Your biggest priority (outside of staying alive) is to amass as much gold as possible. Carries need a lot of expensive items to be properly effective, so focus your energy on getting as many last hits as possible.
- Try to never lane with another carry, either pairing up with a tank or support or handling the lane alone. Fighting an allied carry for gold is a short road to disaster.
- Play safe, only seriously attacking an enemy if they make a mistake and venture too far into your territory. The risk of losing gold while dead far outweighs the chance at a kill’s bounty.
- Despite a higher cooldown and lower damage scaling, we will focus on leveling Heavenly Barrage first. Heavenly Barrage helps in tearing through minion waves and thereby accelerates Yorn’s growth. Furthermore, while higher in damage, his first ability Explosive Arrow is harder to hit with its narrow range and delayed strike. Those lacking practice with the odd ability will find it getting more mileage in team fights or when starting ganks. Take Heart Shot whenever able.
Yorn needs to land his Explosive Arrow if he wants to fare well in a one on one fight. Without any escapes or defenses, he will be incredibly weak to whoever can close the distance to him. Always follow up your skills with a normal attack. Each of Yorn’s skills will queue up a burst of arrows from his passive. As a result, chaining skills without peppering in auto attacks will lower his overall damage potential. Keep your distance from the enemy, backpedaling as they draw closer. You can continue attack while moving by tapping the auto attack each time an attack is available. If the enemy retreats with low health, shoot your ultimate after them to secure the kill. Do not chase yourself if this fails or misses, just continue to farm and grow.
Yorn needs to stay behind his allies so that he can safely deal damage without interruption. Watch for assassins who can use movement skills to jump towards you. Again, always be attacking after each ability use rather than chaining them out. Start off by targeting a support if they are in range, followed by damage dealing classes and saving tanks for last. Don’t be ashamed to step away from a fight for a moment when targeted by an enemy, but come back after your teammates have once again gained their attention.
Escaping the Battle
- Yorn lacks any movement skills, so will have to retreat on foot if things turn sour. His Explosive Arrow ability will help slow enemies and give him a bit of distance as he tries to run.
- Due to his low mobility, equipping Yorn with a talent such as Flicker or Daze can provide him with some needed survivability.
How to Counter Yorn
- Don’t stay at one area as much as possible when facing against Yorn. His abilities aheavily rely on positioning and require a ton of anticipation in order for them to hit. Avoid his skill shots by moving around or using mobility abilities.
- Avoid engaging in team fights inside Heavenly Barrage. This will just cause you to take continuous damage and give the upper hand to Yorn.
- When escaping, don’t go away in a straight line. Instead, move sideways in order to avoid Heart Shot.It’s also not advisable to teleport back to base immediately when Yorn is chasing you, as he might still hit you with Heart Shot. Your best bet would be to back sideways until you reach an area where you are sure that Yorn won’t reach you there anymore.
|Fierce Shot – Passive – Each fifth attack triggers a burst of arrows, each one dealing 75 (1+4 per level) (+0.4 AD) physical damage.|
- Fierce Shot arrows pierce, doing full damage to all enemies in a line.
- Fierce Shot deals damage four times.
- When dealing with on-hit effects, each arrow is considered a basic attack. This can lead to heavy life steal gains and high damage from damage-on-hit items.
Items such as Omni Arms that enhance an attacks strength after a skill will only affect the first arrow in the burst.
- Skills will treat the next shot as the fifth no matter where the counter was before the skill. As such, it is more effective to use skills when the counter is low rather than when you were about to naturally gain an arrow burst.
- The counter will reset after one second if Yorn stops attacking. If it is filled, it will reset after five seconds of not attacking. Use the extra time to line up a favorable shot.
- All of the burst arrows affect towers, even when not directly targeting them.
- Yorn will fire a burst on his fifth shot, even if he does not hit an enemy with one of the preceding shots. If you know a fight is about to happen, it is possible to tap the attack button to bring the counter up to the fifth shot. This allows you to start a fight with your burst right away.
|Explosive Arrow – Yorn shoot an explosive arrow that deals 120/145/170/195/220/245 (+0.55 AD) physical damage to the enemies it hits and stuns the target for 0.75 seconds. His next normal attack becomes a burst shot.|
- Explosive Arrow falls one second after being cast.
- Explosive Arrow does full damage to all enemies struck. As its casting range determines the center of the spell, it is possible to hit enemies slightly outside the apparent range.
|Heavenly Barrage – Yorn calls down celestial arrows that deal 105/120/135/150/165/180 (0.4 AD) physical damage to a random enemy in the zone every second. Also, his next normal attack becomes a burst shot.|
- There is no limit to the number of times that a single enemy may be hit by Heavenly Barrage
- Heavenly Barrage and Fierce Shot together allows Yorn to eliminate waves of minions incredibly quickly.
- Try to shoot Heavenly Barrage as to travel with your opponent as they try to escape.
- While not directly afflicting any crowd control effects, the clear presence of danger can do much in directing your enemy’s movements.
|Heart Shot – Yorn shoots an arrow that travels extremely far and deals 300/400/500 (+1.2 AD) physical damage plus magic damage equal to 10% of that target’s missing health (maximum 1000 damage to monsters.) His next shot becomes a burst shot.|
- Heart Shot will pass over minions in its path, damaging them.
- Heart Shot makes an audio cue when striking an enemy. Yorn can hear this no matter how far away he is from the target.
- Heart Shot is visible on the mini map to all allies as it travels.
- Heart Shot has a rather low cool down, so can be used to support fighting allies while you farm or push.
Hero Item Build
|AD Sustain Build|
|Claves Sancti||War Boots||The Beast|
|Omni Arms||Fafnir’s Talon||Ancestral Glory|
Yorn’s AD Sustain build allows him to deal damage from a safe distance. His role needs him to tag opponents with his normal attacks after he hits them with his abilities. Most of the items above are geared towards enhancing his damage output, replenish his HP with his normal attacks and give him defensive coverage.
- A recommended arcana build against tanky heroes would be armor piercing along with attack damage. With this, a great choice would be to get Onslaught, Assassinate, and Skewer.
- You can also opt for a much safer arcana build by building defensive and lifesteal items. This will make Yorn survive team fights and crucial situations. The arcanas are Bloodlust, Reave, and Valiance.
Yorn’s passive can help him break down tanks, especially those who have been stacking HP items. Buying items like Fafnir’s Talon will destroy even the most formidable health reserves when paired with Fierce Shot. Generally, however, Tanks should be a low priority target compared to the opposing damage dealers and support.
Yorn should have little problem dealing with Warriors in a fight. Neither allow them to grow close nor allow them to distract you from any enemy damage dealers who might be in range.
Assassins are likely Yorn’s biggest threat. They are able to sweep in to remove his range advantage and possess high burst damage. Your best hope in the case you can’t avoid confronting an assassin is to try and burst them down first.
While your damage can rip through a marksman’s low defense, they can do just the same to you. Be wary when fighting other marksmen. They should be among your first targets in a fight.
Mages and Assassins are your most dangerous foes. Mages will have the damage to easily kill you along with control abilities that can leave you helpless. Their low defense makes them susceptible to your damage, however. Attack those that wander into range during a team fight.
Supports should be your first target if they come into range. Unfortunately, if the support is worth anything they will be staying well and away from you. Don’t recklessly pursue any, but kill supports whenever you have a chance.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|