Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Veera is a mage hero that excels in dealing massive amounts of damage to enemies. Her kit is centered around dealing damage to multiple heroes while also possessing a single-target stun. She is also an easy champion to play with and therefore a good choice for players new to the game.
Powerful Burst Damage – Veera’s abilities can deal a lot of damage, especially if you manage to land her full combo. Her passive allows her to increase the amount of damage of her abilities do as it decreases the enemy’s magic defense.
Easy to Land Abilities – All of her abilities are easy to land. Inferno Bats, her ultimate, only requires you get close to enemies in order to cast it. Mesmerize is a single-target stun that can perfectly set up her abilities while Hell Bats has a long range that can kill escaping opponents.
Potential to Carry – An experienced Veera can easily carry games, provided she has a stellar early game and gets a few kills to solidify her burst damage. There’s no stopping Veera once she successfully engages an enemy with her Mesmerize + Hell Bat + Inferno Bats combo.
Low Mobility – Veera has no movement abilities to help her escape sticky situations. Her only way to stop someone, Mesmerize, is limited to one enemy.
Very Squishy – Her magic damage comes at a cost to her armor and defense. Assassins and champions with strong finishers will have little problem dealing with her in team fights.
Reliant on Early Gold and Experience – Veera’s abilities are very strong once she gets the right items, but she is weak when far behind other players in the game. It’s important for her to have a good early to mid game, otherwise she won’t be able to contribute much to team fights.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Harassing the enemy is important during the laning phase. Keep using Hell Bat on them until they recall back or be forced to use heal.
- Save Mesmerize for if your laning opponent tries to engage or another enemy comes to gank your lane. This ability can only target one hero, so use it wisely.
- Once you get Inferno Bats, you will have the option to kill enemies with your Mesmerize + Hell Bat + Inferno Bats combo.
- Start with Hell Bat when you are alone in a lane. Mesmerize is a good ability when laning with an ally as it stuns enemies, giving your lane partner an opening.
- If your lane partner has a more reliable stun, proceed with Hell Bat.
- Always max Hell Bat first regardless of which ability you took at level one.
- Ganking: Veera can easily gank enemies with her Mesmerize ability, finishing them off with her damaging abilities.
- One on One: She excels at one on one fighting due to Mesmerize and Inferno Bats. When you encounter an enemy, quickly use Mesmerize and Hell Bat. By this time the enemy should have two stacks of Come Hither. Finish the enemy off with Inferno Bats.
- One on Two: Avoid all one on two situations, especially if the enemy is an assassin or a fighter. Mesmerize can only stun one hero, giving the other one a chance to fight back. Veera is a squishy champion that has a disadvantage against fighter and assassin heroes.
- Team Fights: Stay at the back of team fights as much as possible. You can Mesmerize enemies who try focus you while dealing damage from afar with Hell Bat.
- Escaping the Battle: Veera has poor mobility and no escape moves aside from her Mesmerize. As such, it is really important that you stay back as much as possible and never go to the front of a battle.
|Come Hither – Passive – Veera applies a Come Hither stack to every enemy hit by her abilities. Each stack reduces an enemy’s magic defense by 30-72 (scales with hero level), up to 3 stacks. Reduce the current cooldown of all abilities by 25% of the maximum cooldown time after a kill or assist.|
- Come Hither is a very powerful passive that can significantly weaken the enemy’s magic defense.
- This passive also allows your teammates to deal more magic damage against the affected enemies.
- It’s best to use Mesmerize first in a team fight in order to decrease the magic defense of the enemy. Follow it up with a Hell Bat and Inferno Bats to finish them off.
|Hell Bat – Veera summons a Hell Bat that glides forward, dealing 575/625/675/725/775/825 (+1.15 AP) magic damage to enemies hit.|
- Hell Bat is a damaging ability that can damage multiple enemies in a straight line.
- This ability can be used to either farm creeps or harass enemy in the laning phase and in team fights.
- With this ability having a long range, this is very handy when you are trying to kill an escaping enemy.
- Level up this ability first rather than Mesmerize if you are alone in a lane. This can give you more damage and harass.
|Mesmerize – Veera blows a kiss at en enemy, dealing 285/320/355/390/425/460 magic damage and stunning the target for 1.5 seconds.|
- Mesmerize is a good opening skill as it decreases the magic defense of your enemy with Come Hither. This can open up a lot of opportunities for you and your teammates to engage.
- Do take note that this ability has a short range, so don’t overextend to try to use it head-on during a team fight.
- Mesmerize can be more precisely aimed with the ability wheel.
|Inferno Bats – Veera summons up to 5 bats to attack surrounding enemies. Each bat deals 325/405/485 magic damage. If a target has been hit once, all subsequent hits only deal 50% damage.|
- Inferno Bats can damage multiple enemies surrounding Veera. This ability requires her to be near an enemy in order to activate.
- The ability is strong in one on one situations, as all five bats will attack one specific person. However, hits after the first only deal 50% damage.
- This ability is most effective when you have cast Mesmerize and Hell Bat first, as the enemy will have two stacks of Come Hither on them, greatly strengthening the damage output of Inferno Bats.
How to Counter Veera
- Building magic resistance items such as Medallion of Troy and Uriel’s Brand greatly decreases the effectiveness of Veera. She relies on her abilities, so negating most of her damage renders her useless against yoIt’s best to swarm Veera in team fights instead of going in one by one. Mesmerize is a single-target ability only and Inferno Bats has a weaker damage output when there are multiple enemies nearby. Having multiple allies gank her increase your chances of securing a kill on her without anyone dying.
- It’s best to get an early advantage against Veera in the early stages of the game, as she is weak without her core items yet. You can also try to harass her in the laning phase before she gets her ultimate.
Hero Item Build
|AP Burst Build|
|Frosty’s Revenge||Enchanted Kicks||Boomstick|
|Berith’s Agony||Hecate’s Diadem||Holy of Holies|
Veera’s AP Burst build focuses maximizing her damage against single targets. She’ll be relying on hitting her Mesmerize on high priority targets before blasting them with her Inferno Bats + Hell Bat combo. During the laning phase, she is more than able to harass and zone her enemies out of the lane by pelting them with Hell Bat. This is also true during team fights.
- Veera can go full ability power with her arcana, as it will greatly increase her killing potential along with her passive. Enlightened, Devour, and Flurry are great at scaling your ability power to its full potential.
- If you want a safer alternative, you can build her with magic lifesteal and defensive arcanas to bolster her survivability. Violate, Devour, and Consume ensures that she has a a ton of options defensive-wise.
This will be a very passive lane, as neither Veera or the tank will be able to kill each other. Tanks do not have the ability to deal damage. Mages, on the other hand, will have a hard time bursting tanks down. The best way to counter tanks is to use Mesmerize whenever they get too close. You do not want to spam your abilities on them, since they will just soak up all the damage.
Warriors may be a hard match up for Veera due to the fact that they can also deal a ton of damage. The key to surviving this match up is to never get close to them and cast Mesmerize whenever they dive. On the other hand, you can also try to out-damage them with your combo.
Assassin heroes are very agile and can one shot squishy heroes with their combos. Saving your Mesmerize for assassin dives can greatly increase your chances of surviving.
Fighting against fellow mages will boil down to the player’s skill level. Since all mages have tremendous magic damage, the winner will be the player who gets to successfully cast their abilities faster. However, Veera’s passive might give her an edge against otherwise equally skilled matchups.
Veera can easily kill a marksman as long as she gets to cast Mesmerize first in order to set up your other abilities. On the other hand, some marksman can win fights against you especially when Mesmerize is on cooldown.
Veera can easily eliminate supports who are alone because most supports are very squishy. When the support has one or more team mates with them, focusing the support may spell danger for you as they can just buff the main damage dealer as said damage dealer kills you.
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|