Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
- Strong Initiates and Ganks – Arthur excels in getting up close and personal to enemies. His Righteous Fervor gives himself and his team increased movement speed while additionally allowing him to burst down single targets.
- Strong Single-Target Damage – Arthur’s abilities are strong against single targets. Once he hits an enemy with Righteous Fervor, he follows up with Holy Guard to whittle down the opponent’s health. He then deals the final blow with Deep Impact.
- Durable – Arthur is generally tanky, thanks to his passive ability, Paragon. This gives him bonus armor that scales up, depending on his level, and enables him to soak physical damage for his team during team fights.
- Cooldown-Based Hero – None of Arthur’s abilities need mana, which enables him to spam his skills as long as they are not on cooldown.
- Susceptible to Crowd Control – Arthur needs to get close to enemies to maximize his damage. As such, he has a hard time against heroes who have crowd control such as Stuns and Slows, as they can hold him back from reaching his intended target.
- Predictable Laning Phase and Ganks – Arthur usually goes head-on into team fights with his abilities at the ready. This makes his ganks or initiates predictable for more experienced players. Oftentimes, opposing teams can either retreat from a team fight or do a preemptive strike against Arthur to shut him down completely.
- Jack of All Trades, Master of None – While able to fill several different positions for his team, Arthur is not the single best choice for any of them. He can seem a bit of a weaker choice to many as a result and Arthur mains can find themselves often unfairly criticised as a result.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Arthur can work well in most lanes on the map, but is generally best suited to either the Dark Slayer lane or as a roaming support/ganker.
- In a duo-lane situation, initiate with Righteous Fervor on the squishiest available target (usually a Mage or Marksman). Once you’re close to the enemies, use Holy Guard while normally attacking to deal consistent damage.
- Use Deep Impact on low-health targets to dispatch them quickly, especially during team fights. Conversely, you can use Deep Impact to start a clash and knock up multiple enemies, leaving them open to your team’s follow up damage.
- Take a level of Holy Guard at level 1 to assist in clearing the waves before immediately focusing on maxing Righteous Fervor.
- Get Deep Impact at level 4 and then start to roam between the lanes. Find an extended enemy and rush onto them with your Righteous Fervor + Deep Impact combo for tons of instant damage.
- During the mid to late-game, Arthur becomes an initiating tank for his team. As such, you should coordinate with your team to take crucial objectives such as Dark Slayer, Abyssal Dragon, or the opposing towers.
- In team fights, always be in the front line to soak damage for your team. While doing this, remember to deal damage to the enemy team’s squishy targets with your Righteous Fervor and Deep Impact. Amid the clash, use your Holy Guard to hit the opposing team with Area-of-Effect damage.
- Laning: Arthur can bully melee heroes out of the lane thanks to Holy Guard and Righteous Fervor. Get close with Righteous Ferver and push the opponent back with Holy Guard. Arthur’s natural tankiness from Paragon will make it very hard for opponents to fight back.
- Solo Fights: Lead in with Righteous Fervor to deal massive initial damage to your target. Follow up with Holy Guard and continue auto attacking your target. When the enemy’s health is low, finish the fight with Deep Impact. This is a quick and decisive strategy that doesn’t give the opponent much time to escape or counterattack before Arthur is able to finish them off.
- Team Fights: Engage in team fights only when you have the numbers advantage or when you’ve farmed one of your core defensive items. Initiate the clash with Righteous Fervor and try to hit the squishiest enemy hero available. Afterwards, use your Holy Guard and continue to auto attacking the low-health heroes. Use Deep Impact either to finish your first target off or when enemies are grouped together .
- Escaping Fights
- Righteous Fervor to gain a movement speed boost as you get away from the enemies.
- Conversely, use Deep Impact on clustered enemy heroes to stun them for a moment and give a chance for your team to get out of the fight. As one of the team’s tankier heroes, you will generally want to be one of the last onnes out of the fight.
|Paragon – Passive – Arthur is blessed by the heavens and gains 88 (+8 per level) armor (scales with hero level)|
- This skill makes Arthur innately tanky against physical damage-dealing heroes. Be sure to use the extra safety to bully and attack your oppopnent in lane.
|Righteous Fervor – Arthur powers up, raising his movement speed By 30%. During his next normal attack, Arthur leaps at his target, dealing 180/205/230/255/280/305 (+1.0 AD) physical damage and slowing their movement speed by 90% for 1 second. The target damaged by this ability will be marked for 5 seconds. Marked enemies will suffer additional damage from Arthur’s normal attacks and abilities equal to a percentage of their maximum HP as magic damage. This ability also raises the movement speed of nearby ally heroes for 5 seconds.|
- This is Arthur’s primary initiating skill. Use this to engage and target squishy enemies in-lane or when you’re ganking to deal a large amount of damage.
- Use the ability constantly when moving around the map in order to speed up your approach, whether it is moving to gank a lane, chasing an enemy, escaping from enemies, or justs returning to the field from base.
|Holy Guard – Arthur summons divine blades that circle around him, dealing 100/125/150/175/200/225 (+0.4 AD)(+0.4 AP)magic damage per hit for 5 seconds.|
- This skill makes you damage enemies in an area around you. You can also use this in conjunction with Righteous Fervor and auto attacks to deal good damage against enemies, especially during team fights.
- Holy Guard is also a good farming tool in-lane to help you get your core items.
- Holy Guard deals magic damage and so does not factor in opponents’ armor. Focus on this ability when enemies start stacking armor.
|Deep Impact – Arthur jumps up high and crashes towards his target, dealing 750/1000/1250 (1.3 AD) physical damage and knocks surrounding enemies into the air for 0.5 seconds. Enemies caught in the blast radius suffer 100/125/150 (+0.35 AD) physical damage every second for 5 seconds.|
- Deep Impact is often used to finish off low-health enemies. It deals massive damage and knocks opponents in the air. Use this during team fights to provide good crowd control against the enemy team.
- Conversely, Deep Impact can be used at the start of a fight to quickly burst away large chunks of the target’s health and leaving them very vulnerable to being picked off.
How to Counter Arthur
- Don’t face check bushes. Arthur can burst from the grass and quickly kill you with his combo. Always keep distance from bushes when Arthur’s location is unknown.
- Mages will have the easiest time dealing with Arthur, able to keep a safe distance from him and prevent his advance with control abilities. In addition, the armor that he receives will not help him survive magical attacks.
Hero Item Builds
Mantle of Ra
Spear of Longinus
Mail of Pain
- Arthur can run with a tanky arcana set that complements his passive. Running Indomitable, Colossus, and Bastion is a good option, improving his overall defense.
- Players can alternatively go fully aggressive and build up Arthur’s damage. Onslaught, Assassinate, and Skewer are the best choices when focusing solely on Arthur’s damage potential.
Arthur is usually in the front lines initiating fights and soaking damage for his team. As such, he usually is on equal footing against tanks. His damage will allow him to slowly whittle away at their health and his durability will make him resistant to their crowd control. That siad, the fight will be a long one, and Arthur is better suited fighting squishy foes rather than focusing on tanks.
A warrior himself, Arthur will be equally matched to most warriors. He will have to be careful with his build, though, as most other warriors are more specialized when it comes to either attack or defense than the balanced Arthur. Try and get the jump on them with Righteous Fervor and Deep Impact before the opposing warrior can whittle Arthur down.
Arthur is exceptionally strong against Assassins, especially when he gets close to them. His armor makes him resiliant to their damage and his own burst combo will be rather hard for most assassins to deal with. That said, ensure that the assassin doesn’t have too much of a level or gold lead before engaging.
Similar to Assassins, Mages are really squishy heroes that Arthur can quickly dispatch of. However, Mages generally have crowd control abilities that can keep Arthur in place and highly susceptible to follow up damage. In addition, his large amounts of armor won’t help him survive a mage’s abilities. Try to burst mages down before they have a chance to tear you to pieces with their abilities or after they have exhausted their spells elsewhere.
Arthur is exceptionally good against marksmen, as most of them are extremely squishy. When ganking lanes and during team fights, it is best to prioritize enemy marksmen to ensure the opposing team’s overall damage is significantly hindered. His speed will allow him to quicky negate their range advantage and the slow from Righteous Fervor and the knock up from Deep Impact will keep the marksmen from escaping from Arthur’s range.
Arthur also does well against Support heroes. Most Support heroes are fragile, but some can be deceptively tanky. Furthermore, since they provide utility abilities, most of them pack good crowd control abilities to mess up with your combo. Supports are low priority targets, and should generally only be focused after the damage dealers are dealt with.
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|