Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Tel’Annas is a marksman who can deal consistant damage from a very long range. Her abilities allow her to deal a mixture of magic and physical damage from afar while applying a slow to her prey. Consistent control and high damage potential make up for her lack of mobility.
- Great Damage Dealer – Tel’Annas’ abilities allow her to deal great amounts of damage from afar. Eagle Eye gives an insane amount of range and also empowers your attack damage. Unrivaled in effective range, Tel’Annas can become a truly fearsome marksman.
- Amazing Crowd Control – Once Tel’Annas learns Eagle Eye, her auto attacks will always apply a slow. This ability alone makes her very powerful when kiting enemy heroes and can stop them from escaping team fights. Her other abilities, Penetrating Shot and Arrow of Chaos, apply crowd control effects as well.
- Hybrid Damage – Tel’annas’ abililties deal equal parts physical and magic damage. While this might not seem like a big deal, but it prevents enemies from being able to block her damage back stacking armor.
- Poor Mobility – Tel’Annas doesn’t have any mobility abilities, making her very vulnerable to enemies with gap closers or control abilities. The only way to stop enemies is with Arrow of Chaos, but that is still risky and unreliable.
- Weak Early Game – Tel’Annas is a strong hero after collecting her core items. Conversely, her early game can be very difficult as she won’t yet have the necessary damage needed to provide pressure without her items. Tel’Annas needs to get a lead in experience and items to be effective mid-late game.
Hero Basic Strategy
- It’s advisable that you lane with an ally in order to utilize your passive. Make sure to only do so with a support or a tank so that you’re not competing for last hits.
- Tel’Annas is great at harassing because of Eagle Shot. You can use this to push, harass, and even farm enemy creeps.
- Don’t overextend or face check bushes. Tel’Annas lacks any escape abilities and can be killed instantly if caught. Try killing the Seagle when the lane is pushed in order to get extra gold and experience risking being ganked. This will also help you spot enemies in the jungle.
- Always take Eagle Shot at level one, as it can help you in last hitting creeps and harassing enemy heroes. Don’t hesitate on using the active portion of the ability to harass from afar or destroy towers without entering the tower’s range.
- Once you get Penetrating Shot, begin harassing the opponent even more. Make sure that there are no creeps in front of you when using it in order to dish out as much damage as possible.
Solo Battle – Tel’Annas is strong in duels due to her ability to constantly slow enemies with Eagle Eye. You have to make sure that the enemy you are facing doesn’t have any gap closers or burst abilities that can instantly kill you. Always keep far away from the enemy while kiting them by using Penetrating Shot as well. Use Arrow of Chaos either to finish them off or get further away from your target. If you start attacking the enemy from Eagle Eye’s max range, you’ll be at an advantage by the time they reach you and therefore be in a good place to fight.
Team Fights – Stay at the backline of fights and use Eagle Eye to extend your range. Save your Arrow of Chaos when an assassin is about to jump on you or if you see that the enemies are all packed up together.
Escaping Fights – Running is difficult as Tel’Annas since she doesn’t have any escape abilities. Hopefully, the opponent will have been slowed by your auto attacks, making it easier to run away.
|The Morning Star – Passive – Tel’Annas attack damage is increased by 8% when there are ally heroes nearby.|
- This makes Tel’Annas a very strong marksman in team fights. Always stay close to your teammates, but not to the point where you can be reached by the enemy team.
|Eagle Eye – After learning this ability, Tel’Annas’ normal attacks reduce the target’s movement speed by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.After activating this ability, Tel’Annas’ range significantly increases and her attack speed increases for by 30/32/34/36/38/40% 3 seconds. Also, her normal attacks are imbued with dark power and deal 50/58/66/74/82/90 (+0.55 AD) ˀ magic damage (can critically strike) and the same amount of physical damage. While active, normal attacks place an additional stack of the movement speed reducing effect.|
- Building attack speed allows you to stack Eagle Eye more quickly. The slow can go as high as 30%.
- You can hit towers without taking damage by using this ability. When a tower is just two or three attacks away from getting destroyed, activate this ability to destroy it without taking damage. This is also useful in the laning phase when you want to harass enemy heroes under their tower.
|Penetrating Shot – Tel’Annas fires 3 arrows simultaneously, dealing 275/335/395/455/515/575 (+0.6 AD) physical damage to enemies in their paths and reducing their movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds. Each enemy hero hit increases movement speed by 20% for 1 second.|
- Penetrating Shot is best when used without minions between yourself and your target. Do not overextend to achieve this, however.
- This can also act as a good initiate, the slow giving Tel’Annas time to apply stacks of Eagle Eye on her target.
- The slow from Penetrating Shot stacks with the slow from Eagle Eye.
|Arrow of Chaos – After charging for a short period. Tel’Annas combines the power of Darkness and Morning Star and fires an Arrow of Chaos, dealing 200/300/400 (+1 AD) physical damage. Enemies further away take more damage up to 400/600/800 (+1.4 AD) physical damage. Enemies along the arrow’s path are knocked back and stunned, with enemies further along the path of the arrow stunned for a longer period.|
- Arrow of Chaos can hit multiple enemies in its path. This is a great way to engage foes since you can cast it from far away.
- This can also help you stop enemies from focusing you down. Be careful though as this ability has a longer casting time.
- The further the enemy is, more damage is dealt and they are stunned for longer.
How to Counter Tel’annas
- Tel’annas is very vulnerable once approached. Close the distance between you and her quickly and she won’t stand a chance.
- When in critical health, try to move sideways to avoid Arrow of Chaos. This ability has a long range that can kill enemies and even stun them in its path.
Hero Item Builds
|SG Recommended Build|
|Blitz Blade||War Boots||Claves Sancti|
|Slikk’s Sting||Bow of Slaughter||Fenrir’s Tooth|
- If you want to go aggressive on Tel’Annas, you can build her with an offensive-centered arcana with Onslaught, Assassinate, and Skewer.
- You can also go for more marksmen oriented arcana on Tel’Annas if you don’t mind them being less useful to other physicall heroes. You can run Rampage, Guerilla, and Flurry are great choices for her.
Tanks are formidable foes that can be hard to kill, especially when you are behind. Building armor piercing items like Muramasa or Rankbreaker can help you with their defenses. Use your movement-impairing abilities to prevent them from getting too close to you.
You do not want to get close to warriors, as Tel’annas does her best from far away. Warriors are similar to tanks, the main difference being that warriors have greater damage potential and weaker defense. Use Penetrating Shot and Arrow of Chaos to keep them at a distance.
Tel’Annas should avoid assassins as much as possible as she can very easily be burst down with a single combo. However, Tel’Annas is able to deal large chunks of damage from the back line. Always try to stay back and wait for the assassin to focus on somebody else before engaging. Use your abilities to lessen their movement speed and keep them from getting close to you.
Mages are very powerful heroes with strong abilities. Do not try to face a mage alone, especially those with strong burst combos like Veera or Ignis. Same as with tanks and warriors, you want to only attack them when you are not their target.
Facing against another marksman comes down to who has the better items and a higher level. Tel’Annas excels at kiting and slowing down escaping enemies, so will have a large advantage if she lands the first shot. Landing Arrow of Chaos can also help a lot in the fight, as it deals a lot of damage and can stun the enemy, giving you a lot of time to shred their HP.
Tel’Annas can easily kill supports with her damage. In team fights, however, you want to focus on the carries before the support. It will all come down to priorities and who you think should be killed in a team fight in order to tear apart their synergy.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|