Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Raz is a mage assassin who specializes in getting quick but powerful hits on his opponents. He is adept at harassing opponents while juking around the lane until he decides to dive in and deliver his combos to finish the target off.
- Strong Single-Target Damage – Raz’s abilities are well suited to eliminating single targets. He is capable of damaging enemies from afar with Power Surge as well as damaging enemies up close with his magical punches. Chaining the abilities together allows for rather powerful combos.
- Mobile Skirmisher and Finisher – Raz is especially hard to hit with abilities since his own abilities allow him to juke around the lane. This is due to a lunge that the boxer takes after any one of his abilities. He excels at dodging skill shots. This makes him especially potent when fighting enemy mages.
- Good Displacement – Raz’s abilities and normal attacks are great for displacing opponents during team fights. If he manages to get into the back line, he is able to push the enemy mages and marksmen towards the front. There, his allies can follow up with their own control abilities and damage.
- Difficult Abilities – While all his abilities are exceptionally strong, those who want to play Raz need to know when to pick fights. His highly aggressive kit can make some players act hastily or over-commit. An inexperienced Raz may push his target back to a safe area (for the opponent) and subsequently get focused by the opposing team.
- Relatively Squishy – As with most assassins, Raz is very squishy. He cannot afford to get tagged by the enemy heroes’ abilities. He needs to get his offensive items quickly so that he can beat his targets to the punch.
- Susceptible to Hard Control Abilities – Speaking of enemy abilities, Raz is weak against hard Control Abilities such as slows and stuns. Stuns are his main weakness, as it shuts down his mobility.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Raz is best suited to the middle lane. He can hold his own against other mages and is a big help when ganking the side lanes.
- You can also take Raz into the jungle. Be sure to equip the Punish talent before the match starts if you intend to jungle with Raz.
- Get Power Surge as your first ability. This is your main harassing tool while in the lane. It has decent cooldowns and hits enemies hard.
- Next, level up Rising Uppercut. This ability serves as your engaging tool. Alternatively, it can be used to jump over small walls.
- Finally, level up Explosive KO whenever you can. The ability is very powerful and is a key part of Raz’s ability to burst enemies down.
- Solo Fights: Harass the enemies from afar with Power Surge. This will make them an easier target once you rush in for short range attacks. After they’ve been weakened, rush on them with Rising Uppercut. This additionally will interrupt their damage output to help with the trade. If directly on the enemy after Rising Uppercut, follow with Explosive KO to either finish them off or drop them to critical health. Aim towards your own side of the base. This will keep you from extending too far into enemy territory and make it harder for the enemy to escape should they survive.
- Team Fights: In team fights, don’t leap into battle right away. Let the tanks and warriors start the charge. Use Power Surge as often as possible, keeping an eye on Raz’s energy. Aim for enemy mages or marksmen, as eliminating their damage is your first priority. Use Rising Uppercut once in range, following with Explosive KO for exceptional damage.
- Escaping the Battle: If you need to escape the battle, you can use Rising Uppercut and Power Surge to slow down or stun your opponents as you run for your tower. Explosive KO can also give you a short speed boost by launching yourself towards safety.
|Fancy Footwork – Passive –Raz’s footwork moves him closer to his enemies on his 2nd and 3rd consecutive normal attacks. The 1st normal attack of the combo deals extra magic damage, knocks back enemies, and stuns them.|
- This passive allows you to weave in and out of your opponent’s abilities. The empowered attack is essentially a fourth spell at Raz’s disposal.
- You can stun an opponent with a normal attack, have them float in the air with Rising Uppercut, then unleash Explosive KO to be rid of them.
- This normal attack can be used to jump through walls. This and Rising Uppercut allow Raz a lot of maneuverability.
|Rising Uppercut – Raz unleashes a powerful uppercut that deals 480/540/600/660/720/780 (+0.91 AP) magic damage to enemies within range and knocks enemies into the air. Restores 25 energy if the ability hits an enemy.|
- Rising Uppercut deals magic damage to enemies and launches them in the air. Since enemies hit by Rising Uppercut are all launched at once, this skill is really handy during team fights.
- Rising Uppercut complements Power Surge and Explosive KO. Power Surge slows down the opponent, which allows you to line up Rising Uppercut. Cut off their escape, follow up with Power Surge again, or hit them with Explosive KO to keep your enemy disabled.
|Power Surge – Raz launches a projectile from his fists that deals 500/570/640/710/780/850 (+0.9 AP) magic damage to enemies in its path, briefly reducing their magic defense and movement speed. Restores 25 energy if the ability hits an enemy.|
- Power Surge is Raz’s main harassing ability. Hit your opponent in lane as often as you can to keep their HP low.
- Power Surge also slows down its target. Keep this in mind, as you can use this to disable enemies before you charge in or to thwart their ganks and escape.
|Explosive KO – Raz throws an extremely powerful punch, dealing 720/900/1080 (+1.37 AP) magic damage to enemies, knocking them back. Restores 25 energy if the ability hits an enemy.|
- Explosive KO propels Raz and his enemies forward, inflicting magical damage and decreasing enemy attack power. The damage dealt is large and the push distance is long, so it’s very crucial that you use it in battle. Flank an enemy and push him out toward your team to increase the chances of routing them outright.
How to Counter Raz
- Stay behind your minions when dealing with Raz in the laning phase. This way, he’ll have a harder time tagging your with his abilities.
- Try to lure Raz into extending early. While he has high amounts of damage, he has little in the way of defenses.
|SG Recommended Build|
|Boomstick||Enchanted Kicks||Rhea’s Blessing|
|Berith’s Agony||Hecate’s Diadem||Holy of Holies|
- To maximize his damage, layers should build up typical mage arcana for addtional ability power and magic pierce. Violate, Devour, and Hex are great choices in that regard.
While Raz can harass enemy tanks with Power Surge, it is best to not pick a fight with them. Tanks have high amounts of HP and defenses, most passessing hard control abilities as well. Try to avoid them whenever possible.
Similar to tanks, Power Surge can help Raz deal with warriors. Warriors are stuck to melee range and so should be weakened before Raz tries to burst them away with a combo.
Fighting an assassin requires your understanding of Raz’s abilities. Since he has good burst and displacement, take note when you’ll have the advantage – for example, if the opposing assassin over-commits and whiffs his or her abilities, you can retaliate with your own combo for massive damage.
Alternatively, you can initiate the fight and tag the enemy assassin with all your abilities and normal attacks. This usually means victory for you, since most assassins are relatively squishy to begin with.
Most mages are squishy, but they make up for it with their high magic damage. Make it a point to dodge their abilities and pepper them with Power Surge. After dodging their abilities, engage them with Rising Uppercut, followed by a couple of normal attacks, and finish them off with Explosive KO.
Raz is especially deadly against marksmen. Since marksmen don’t have much going in terms of defensive stats, you should be able to beat them easily once you find the proper equipment. Know that Raz is useless without his abilities, so make every shot count. Even if you cannot defeat a marksman in a group battle, simply delivering them to your allies with Explosive KO or Rising Uppercut will be very helpful in winning team fights.
Be careful when tangling with a support hero. If you’re battling by yourself in a lane, take note if he or she has a teammate. If they do, maintain your distance and hit them with Power Surge. But if you’re facing them one-on-one, you can eliminate them quickly. Most of the time, they are quite squishy. That said, be careful of their abilities, since they usually have disables like slows or stuns.
“Learn from the Pros”
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|