Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Natalya is a pure mage that can deal massive amounts of damage very quickly. She is good at bursting down enemies due to her passive, Arcane Fire, which stackably increases her damage potential each time she casts an ability. Her first ability, Arcane Spirits, is a small area AoE ability that can melt opponents it hits. Her second ability, Arcane Nova, can be used to slow down and stun her enemies as it damages them. Natalya is very effective in team fights with the ability to destroy multiple enemies from afar.
- Early Game Dominance – Natalya has a terrifying presence in lane early game; her Arcane Spirits alone is enough to zone out her opponent. Once she gets Arcane Nova, she can add even more pressure with the stun and slow that it provides. Alternatively, a combination of Arcana Nova and Arcane Spirits can quickly clear a minion wave, allowing Natalya to then roam to the sidelanes to gank.
- High Burst Damage – Natalya’s ultimate alone can be enough to kill an enemy hero. Comboing it with her basic abilities allows Natalya to burst down whole groups of enemies on her own.
- Low Mobility – Natalya’s abilities are all damaging projectiles, none able to do much in helping her escape fights. Should an enemy manage to get up close, Natalya won’t have any way to get away. In addition, it will take the spellcaster longer than most to reach fights that break out a distance away from her.
- Long Cooldowns – Natalya’s abilities take awhile to cool down, so missing their skill shots or using them all at once will leave her defenseless for awhile.
- Attracts Attention – Natalya might be immune to crowd control when casting her ultimate, but her flashy, high damage skills attract a lot of attention from the enemy team. This makes her vulnerable to being ganked or focused in team fights. Talents that can help heroes out of sticky situations are good choices for Natalya.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Natalya is best suited to the mid lane. After clearing her lane of minions, she can move to the side lanes in order to gank with her high damage abilities.
- Natalya excels at harassing enemies early game. Use Arcane Spirits to harass and intimidate your opponent while damaging minions.
- Use Arcane Nova on enemy minions to farm experience and slow them down. The ability can also stun opponents, making them an easy target for Arcane Spirits.
- Casting Arcane Nova and Arcane Spirits on a minion wave in quick succession will let you clear it extremely quickly at the cost of your harassing potential.
- Use the brush when you want to go on a full offensive. Shoot Arcane Nova first, followed by Arcane Spirits to blast the opponent’s health away. Landing all of her shots will have a high chance of killing the enemy hero.
- Start with Arcane Spirits. It deals more damage than Arcane Nova and scales better throughout the game.
- As with most heroes, Natalya should take levels in her ultimate whenever it is available. Lethal Rays is a deadly ability with the power to kill multiple heroes with the proper setup.
- In solo battles, Natalya can easily finish enemies off with her Arcane Nova + Arcane Spirits + Lethal Rays combo. Try your best to land Arcane Spirits so that all five spirits strike the enemy hero. Use Lethal Rays to finish your opponent off before retreating.
- In team fights, try to position yourself at the back of your team. Let your tank, warrior, or assassin teammates lead the clash. Stun enemies with your Arcane Nova, following with Arcane Spirits and Lethal Rays.
Escaping the Battle
- Since Natalya doesn’t have any movement abilities, her only option is to use Arcane Nova to delay her enemies as she tries to run away. Another option is to use talents like Sprint, Daze, or Flicker.
|Arcane Fire – Passive – Abilities deal 130 (+0.15 AP) magic damage additional magic damage to enemies and can be stacked up to 10 times within a short time.|
- Arcane Fire stacks up to 10 times, so using your abilities in quick succession will lead to them dealing more damage to your enemies.
- Abilities like Arcane Nova and Lethal Rays which apply multiple instances of damage add a stack each time they deal damage.
|Arcane Spirits – Natalya summons 5 arcane spirits to attack the target area. Each spirit deals 350/390/430/470/510/550 (+0.3 AP)ˀmagic damage to enemies within. When an enemy is hit by multiple spirits, each additional spirit only deals 30% damage. Spirits restore 10 mana and reduce this ability’s cooldown by 0.6 seconds when they hit an enemy hero.|
- The area targeted marks where all five spirits will cross paths. They will always travel their full distance unless they strike an enemy hero.
- Hitting an enemy with all five spirits will cause Arcane Fire to proc five times, allowing Natalya to gather stacks very quickly.
|Arcane Nova – Natalya casts an Arcane Orb in the target direction. When the orb comes into contact with an enemy or reaches its destination, it becomes an Arcane Nova and stuns enemies hit for 1 second. Then the orb grows in size and flies slowly to deal 130/145/160/175/190/205 (+0.15 AP) magic damage each time it comes into contact with an enemy, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 1.5 seconds.|
- Arcane Nova is your primary initiating ability. Try to follow up with Arcane Spirits and Lethal Rays.
|Lethal Rays – Natalya frees herself from all control effects and commands Poison Fang to release lethal rays, dealing 120/150/180 (+0.15 AP) magic damage every 0.25 seconds to enemies. While channeling, Natalya gains a shield that absorbs 500/750/1000 (+0.75 AP) damage. Natalya is immune to crowd control effects while the shield lasts. This ability must be channeled and has a maximum duration of 3.5 seconds. Channeling can be canceled after 1 second by using the ability again. Natalya removes all control effects when casting her Ultimate.|
- Lethal Rays can be aimed with the movement cursor, though this can be a bit tricky to do accurately.
How to Counter Natalya
- Natalya’s abilities require a lot of aiming so make sure to always move around when fighting against her. Being able to successfully dodge her abilities is the key to survival.
- Her ultimate grants her immunity to crowd control while the shield is up. Be sure to knock it away before trying to interrupt the ability.
Hero Item Build
|SG Recommended Build|
|Holy of Holies|
- Natalya should focus on building up her magical damage through AP enhancing arcana. Some of the best in this regard are sets of Violate, Devour, and Hex.
Tank heroes are easy targets for Natalya, especially early game. If all five of her Arcane Spirits hit directly, most tanks will be forced to retreat or return to their base to heal. Buy items that provide magic pierce if the tanks start building magic defense in an attempt to counter you. Getting hit by a tank’s control abilities will cause Natalya a lot of trouble, so do your best to keep your distance.
Warrior heroes generally have some sort of gap closing ability, so Natalya will need to be careful about her positioning. Many can often inflict control effects like stuns or slows, so Natalya will need to be extra careful when moving around or pushing her lane. As with tanks, do your best to always keep at a safe distance from warriors.
Since Natalya has no mobility abilities, she is very prone to assassins’ ganks. Pay careful attention to the assassin’s location, keeping distance and only attacking when the coast is thoroughly clear.
Natalya can normally fight other mages on equal footing. It’s important for her to gain an early game advantage which will, in turn, bring her damage and health to a higher level than her opponents’. When it comes to harassing, Natalya is one of the best. Dodge the opponent’s attacks before launching your own assault, aiming carefully to ensure a hit. When fighting crowd control mages, keep moving to avoid staying in a single location for too long. When dealing with mage-assassins, try to get close to the tower for supporting damage and protection.
Marksmen can easily tear away Natalya’s health so be sure to position yourself near the brush to avoid getting focused. Release your combo to either kill the target or scare them away. As with assassins, marksmen have low health and so can quickly be killed by Natalya’s abilities. Watch for if they build magic defense later on and be prepared to counter their builds if needed. Don’t bother fighting if you miss with your abilities.
Support heroes can be a pain for Natalya due to their recovery and debuff abilities. It can also be difficult to handle them at close range since they often have wa ide area of effect abilities. Take advantage of the brush to harass them or force them to use their abilities improperly and thereby give you an opening. Attack with caution and focus on bringing them down after dealing with damage dealers first.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|