Table of Contents
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Lindis is a marksman capable of inflicting tons of damage with her auto attacks. Despite having no movement abilities, Lindis has a number of tricks at her disposal that can help her safely traverse the battlefield of Antaris. She is a very strong hero that, with the right items, can quickly chew through her enemies’ health.
- Strong Basic Attacks – Tread Softly and Piercing Gaze buff her auto attacks, allowing Lindis to slay enemies very quickly. The former empowers her attacks after she walks through the brush while the latter grants bonus damage every third time she attacks a target.
- Hard to Gank – Piercing Gaze allows Lindis to see everyone nearby, including stealth or hiding units. Furthermore, Entrapment lets her lay down traps in paths gankers tend to use, making it much harder for them to approach.
- Huge Carrying Potential – Lindis excels after obtaining her attacking items. Lunar Champion, paired with her normal auto attacks, will allow her to very quickly slay any hero she comes up against.
- Item dependent – Lindis is weak if she doesn’t have her core items. Piercing Gaze and Lunar Champion both depend on her items to deal any damage, not possessing much in the way of base damage.
- Location dependent – As Tread Softly only grants its benefits after Lindis moves through a bush, so the marksman can suffer when caught in fights away from any sort of cover. While not a death blow, by any means, Lindis won’t be able to find the same damage potential in such situations and therefore will have to plan accordingly.
Hero Basic Strategy
- Lindis is best suited to the jungle. The plentiful bushes within and her ability to protect herself from ganks give her the ability to move through the jungle very quickly and safely as she clears. The high amounts of experience and gold that she gains within will help propel her to an early power spike.
- Entrapment can be used either to safeguard areas in the jungle or as some additional damage on stationary targets. Place a trap on top of jungle monsters to increase your clear speed.
- Weave in and out of the brush whenever you can to take advantage of Tread Softly and up your damaging potential.
- Always focus on maxing Piercing Gaze before Entrapment. The extra bonus damage that ranks of Piercing Gaze offers will do much more for Lindis than the extra damage she would get from Entrapment’s traps.
- Take levels of Lunar Champion whenever it is available. This will greatly increase your DPS when engaging enemy heroes.
Ganking – Casting Entrapment on top of an enemy hero will cause the trap to activate immediately, slowing them before doing damage. Barrage them with basic attacks and Lunar Champion to secure the kill, casting Entrapment again once the initial slow wears off.
Solo Battles – Lindis is a strong hero against enemies who don’t have any gap closers. Attack enemies with your auto attacks and Lunar Champion, keeping them from running with Entrapment. If you are near the brush, move inside to take advantage of Tread Softly. Cast Piercing Gaze if enemies try to run through the tall grass so that you don’t have to run in after them.
Team Fights – Cast Entrapment in the middle of the team fights to damage and slow your enemies. You want to stay at the back of the fight and focus on targeting squishy heroes. Don’t switch targets often so that you can fully maximize the damage provided by Piercing Gaze.
Escaping Fights – Utilize Tread Softly when running from enemies by passing through the brush. Lindis can also use Entrapment on enemy heroes chasing her.
|Tread Softly – Passive – When Lindis passes through the brush, she will increase her movement speed and strengthen her next normal attack for a short period of time. The strengthened attack will fire 2 arrows with each arrow dealing (+0.65 AD) physical damage. 4-second cooldown.|
- The attack enhancement is the only part of the ability that has a cooldown, the movement boost always being available. This means that you will always be able to run through areas of tall grass very quickly.
- When fighting, you want to go in and out of nearby bushes as much as possible to maximize your damage.
|Piercing Gaze – Lindis illuminates the area around her and reveals the location of nearby enemy heroes for 5 seconds. This ability can be stored 2 times.
After learning this ability, when Lindis hits the same enemy 3 times, the target will suffer an additional 140/210/280/350/420/490 (+0.2 AD) physical damage.
- This ability also reveals nearby stealth units like Batman or Wukong.
- Use this to check bushes without entering them.
- Casting this on enemies will keep them visible, even if they dive into cover later. Use it frequently in fights to keep people visible.
|Entrapment – Lindis sets a trap that lasts for 2 minutes. The trap will slow enemy movement speed by 30%, reveal enemy locations, and after a short while deal 360/432/504/576/648/720 (+1.2 AD) physical damage. Lindis can store and set up to 2 traps. Traps will become invisible 2 seconds after being set.|
- Entrapment is a great ability for securing objectives and preventing enemies from approaching them. Place one in front of towers, the Abyssal Dragon, or Dark Slayer.
- Putting traps in the river or jungle paths is a good way to prevent enemy junglers from ganking you.
- Casting Entrapment directly on top of an enemy will cause it to trigger right away.
|Lunar Champion – Lindis calls forth a spirit to attack enemies, dealing 160/240/320 (+1 .0 AD) physical damage and adding any bonus normal attack effects from equipped items or buffs. She can store this ability up to 5 times.|
- This ability can be used while auto attacking. Spam this ability whenever you are in a team fight.
- It’s best that you engage an enemy when full on Lunar Champion charges to maximize your damage potential.
- As stated in the description, this item acts like an empowered auto attack. On hit effects from items will apply to this ability.
How to Counter Lindis
- Try to fight Lindis away from bushes. Not being able to empower her normal attacks with Tread Softly will deminish her damage potential.
- When ganking Lindis, you want to do it quickly as she can just use Piercing Gaze to reveal enemies near her and spoil your gank.
Hero Item Build
|SG Recommended Build|
- Lindis is a marksman who relies on auto attack for most of her damage output. Building offensive attack damage arcanas such as Onslaught, Assassinate, and Skewer are good choices when wanting to deal as much damage as possible to enemies.
- Building her arcana with a ton of critical damage and chance can also propel her offensive stats. Rampage, Tyrant, and Skewer can help out in that regard.
When facing a tank, you will want to keep as much distance from them as possible and attack from afar until they retreat or die. Immediately cast Entrapment when they get close. Some tanks have gap closers that put them in position to lock Lindis down. Assess the battlefield and make sure that you have a clear understanding of your matchup before fighting,
Same as with tanks, you must try to keep a distance from warriors as much as possible. They will be very hard to out-damage once they get up close. They are a bit easier to kill than tanks, however, due to their lower defensive stats.
Assassins are Lindis’ main weakness. She has no escape abilities to avoid them with or hard crowd control with which to stop them. As such, she stands no chance against assassins in one on one situations. Always be careful when roaming the jungle and use Piercing Gaze if you feel that an assassin is trying to ambush you. The best way to win against assassins is to only attack when they are busy fighting your allies.
Mages can easily burst you down, so only engage them when you have teammates around. You can try to jump them when they are low on health or when you are far ahead of them in terms of experience and gold.
Fighting against your fellow marksmen is easier than fighting other classes. Try to avoid their abilities as you attack, trying as much as possible to land Entrapment to give you a further advantage in the fight. This is mostly a skill-based matchup, so be careful.
Supports are easy targets, but you should not focus on them in team fights. When killing support heroes, simply use Lunar Champion in between auto attacks to try and finish them off before their teammates arrive.
|▼ Hero Class Guides|
|List of Item Builds|
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|