Year 2020’s First Pokemon Direct Unveiled Returning Pokemon from Previous Generations
Gamefreak announced that 200 familiar species of pokemon from the previous generations will be coming back in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield this year. Out of the 200, about 80 were already revealed, including the Galarian Slowpoke and its two evolutions Galarian Slowbro and Galaria Slowking.
According to the game’s expansion pass roadmap, the return of the familiar species of pokemon will come by two batches. Each batch will have over 100 pokemon that can only be captured in the two new locations: The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra. This means that only paid expansion pass players can capture them but they can still be traded to other players, including non-paid users.
Returning Pokemon in The Isle of Armor
Here is a list of returning pokemon that can be captured in The Isle of Armor, including their evolution lines.
- Magnemite (Electric/Steel), Magneton (Electric/Steel), and Magnezone (Electric/Steel)
- Horsea (Water), Seadra (Water), and Kingdra (Water/Dragon)
- Azurill (Normal/Fairy), Marill (Water/Fairy), and Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
- Happiny (Normal), Chansey (Normal), and Blissey (Normal)
- Zorua (Dark) + Zoroark (Dark)
- Larvesta (Bug/Fire) and Volcarona (Bug/Fire)
- Dedenne (Electric/Fairy)
- Rockruff (Rock) and Lycanroc (Rock)
Returning Pokemon in The Crown Tundra
Here is a list of returning pokemon that can be captured in The Crown Tundra, including their evolution lines.
- Beldum (Steel/Psychic)
- Cryogonal (Ice)
- Zuba0 (Poison/Flying), Golbat (Poison/Flying), and Crobat (Poison/Flying)
- Elekid (Electric), Electabuzz (Electric), and Electivire (Electric)
- Amaura (Rock/Ice) and Aurorus (Rock/Ice)
- Nidoran♂ (Poison), Nidorino (Poison), Nidoking (Poison/Ground)
- Spheal (Ice/Water), Sealeo (Ice/Water), and Walrein (Ice/Water)
- Gible (Dragon/Ground), Gabite (Dragon/Ground), and Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Other Returning Pokemon
Here is a growing list of other familiar pokemon revealed directly in the first Pokemon Direct of year 2020:
- Bulbasaur (Grass/Poison), Ivysaur (Grass/Poison), and Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
- Squirtle (Water), Wartortle (Water), and Blastoise (Water)
- Fletchling (Normal/Flying), Fletchinder (Fire/Flying), Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
For more Pokemon Sword and Shield news and updates, visit our News and Features Archive!
Pokemon Sword and Shield Recommended Article List
|▼Pokemon Sword and Shield Recommended Articles|
|Expansion Pass||All Diglett Locations||Gen 8 Starters|
|Galar Dex||Pokemon Battles||Walkthroughs|
|Beginner Guides||Strategy Guides||Game Database|
|Strategy Guides||Post-Game||TM Locations|
|TR List||Evolution Stones||Evolution Methods|