Guide for Wyndon Champion Cup Finals Match (Leon)
The delayed finals match between the player and Champion Leon resumes at Wyndon Stadium. If the player defeats Leon, he/she will be crowned as the next Galar region pokemon champion.
Unless you’re doing a challenge run, assembling a team with diverse types should be second nature for you by now. Champion Leon’s team consists of two dragon types, one or two fire types, a steel type, which also makes two ghost types, and a rock and ground type. The inclusion of dragons makes fairy or ice types a necessity in this match. You will also want to toss in a fire or dark type. If you raised Grimmsnarl, it can fare well against three of his Pokemon. A water type deals with two of his Pokemon well, or three if you chose Grookey.
- Fire: Cinderace, Arcanine, Ninetales, Flareon, Charizard, Centiskorch, Coalossal, Salazzle, Chandelure, Torkoal
- Dark: Thievul, Grimmsnarl, Obstagoon, Umbreon, Pangoro
- Fairy: Gardevoir, Hatterene, Sylveon, Grimmsnarl, Alcremie, Slurpuff, Aromatisse
- Ghost: Dragapult, Golurk, Chandelure, Aegislash, Rotom, Froslass
- Grass: Rillaboom, Eldegoss, Leafeon, Ludicolo
- Rock: Drednaw, Coalossal, Gigalith, Shuckle, Barbaracle, Sudowoodo, Rhyperior, Tyranitar
- Water: Inteleon, Drednaw, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Lapras, Seismitoad
Champion Leon Finals Match Battle
- Aegislash (Lv. 62), Haxorus (Lv. 63), Rhyperior (Lv. 64)/Mr. Rime (Lv. 64)/Seismitoad (Lv. 64), Dragapult (Lv. 62), Starter (Lv. 64), Charizard (Lv. 65)
Leon sends out Aegislash first, a steel and ghost type Pokemon. If you raised a Grimmsnarl at this point, have it use a dark type special attack. There are two more Pokemon on his roster that are weak to fairy, so you can leave Grimmsnarl to attack each of them when they appear.
Prior to his starter, he sends out a Pokemon that also depends on who you chose at the start. Trainers who chose Grookey can send Rillaboom and have it use Wood Hammer to knock out his Seismitoad. Similarly, trainers who picked Scorbunny can have Cinderace use Pyro Ball against his Mr. Rime. Last but not the least, trainers who went with Sobble could easily fell his Rhyperior with Inteleon’s Snipe Shot.
He sends out his starter, which depends on who you chose and so you will need to swap someone else in. For example, Rillaboom can be dealt with using a Gengar because of its immunity to Endeavor and resistance to its grass type attacks. Cinderace is weak to water, ground, and rock, so you can use Pokemon like Gyarados against it. Meanwhile, Inteleon can’t take grass or electric attacks, so use those moves with Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Boltund. When he’s left with Charizard, switch to a Pokemon with a rock attack like Coalassal or Tyranitar. Have it use dynamax and choose Max Rockfall to send it flying.
|← Wild Eternatus Stadium Roof||Hop Post Game →|
Other Pokemon Battles
Pokemon Sword and Shield Recommended Article List
|▼Top Page Articles|
|Versions||Gen 8 Starters||Galar Dex|
|Gym Battles||Walkthroughs||Beginner Guides|
|Strategy Guides||Game Database||Post Game|
|TM Locations||TR List||Evolution Stones|
|Evolution Methods||Hair Salon||Boutique|