Table of Contents
October 2018 Patch To Arrive To Tencent Servers On the 18th
The patch that went live on Taiwan on September 28 will now be coming to Tencent servers (Europe, Americas, and “Asia“) on October 18. Also included are tweaks to the Taiwanese server from September 11. Some of our translations are a bit off from the official names, so we’ll list them again here (also, it makes it easier to reference this article in the future). And though we’ve already given our thoughts on the changes in the links above, we’ll chime in with updates on the effects that a few of the changes have had on other servers.
Just going to block-quote the Reddit post here:
Ever since launch, players have been fighting together on the Antaris Battlefield using different heroes. But we’ve been wondering; What would happen if all players use the SAME HERO…? How fun would that be?
After countless redesigns and modifications, we’re proud to introduce the all-new Casual Mode; “Clone Clash“. In this mode, players battle with their entire team using the same hero which sets the stage for a unique combat experience.
Picture five of Maloch’s Shocks raining down all at once, or five Butterflys flying at your team from the brush…
We love giving players fun ways to compete and look forward to facing off in “Clone Clash”!
II. System Optimizations: New Features
Seal of Kings:
These new Legend Marks are rewarded to players who obtain a Master Battlefield Legend rank at the end of a season. The number of Marks you earn will continue to increase after each season.
You can now select popular builds in the Hero Menu in place of current builds.
Hero Lane Icon:
In the Hero menu, you can now see an icon at the bottom-right corner of each hero’s avatar showing the recommended lane for that Hero.
Hide Combat History:
Combat history can now be hidden through your System Settings. When active, other players will not be able to view your combat history.
Bulk Item Sell back:
Items in your Backpack can now be sold in bulk through a single tap.
AIC UI Addition:
A new UI interface has been added to the game to celebrate the upcoming Arena of Valor International Championship.
Every challenger will now receive a gift on their Arena of Valor anniversary.
II. System Optimizations: Feature Optimizations
The MVP rating will now be rewarded with a more reasonable rating by taking class into consideration.
The popular builds ranking system has been overhauled and now takes win rate and recent usage into consideration when weighting their popularity.
Recently Used Heroes:
All heroes shown now reflect the recent heroes used in Ranked Matches.
Alice Guide Display Effect:
When an achievement is claimable, the Alice icon will be more noticeable.
Multi Chest Opening:
Multiple chests of the same kind can be opened at the same time.
First Purchase Reward:
Instead of receiving one free preset hero, you now have a choice to pick from three heroes. Zephys has now been added to the shop.
III. Battlefield Changes
In the current meta, Marksmen tend to jungle the most. We want to encourage jungling among more hero types so that lineups and tactics become more varied. We hope to achieve this by adjusting the economics of jungle monsters and minion waves, coupled with other battlefield mechanics.
We’ve decreased Gold earned from jungle activities by about 10%.
Sage Golem and Might Golem base Gold: 65 → 62
Tree Toad, Luminous Lizard, Wild Monkey, and Rock Crab base Gold: 55 → 52
Highest Jungle Monster Gold increase after 11 minutes: 165% → 150%
Increased the growth speed of Gold from minion waves in the mid-game so that it is slightly higher than before:
Previously, minion wave Gold capped at 150% after 10 minutes. Now it caps at 150% after 9.5 minutes.
When there are no minion waves, the damage reduction of a tower goes from 70% to 80%.
Drake Movement Speed:
4m/sec → 3.3m/sec
If a player does not summon the Drake in time, the summoning opportunity will be lost.
A bug has been fixed where players could still summon the Drake while dead.
New Mechanic: The Drake can only survive for a maximum of 3 minutes after being summoned.
VII. Game Optimization and Bug Fixes
- Minion wave textures have been adjusted to make it easier to distinguish their special effects, animations, and abilities so that challengers can focus on more important things, such as combat.
- Optimized the appearance of the icon beside the HP bar when the hero obtains a Resurrection Buff or the ability to summon a Drake.
- Added backdoor protection text to towers. Even without minion waves, the HP bar of a tower has text that says, “Tower has backdoor protection.”
- The re-spawn of all jungle monsters can now be set in the Training Camp.
- Iterated background stories for Valhein and Violet.
- Kriknak can now cast Recall and Restore, and can use talents and equipment abilities while using his Ultimate.
- Maloch can use talents when casting Ability 1.
- Murad’s original skin can no longer be seen when casting his Ultimate while in the Astral Walker skin.
- Fixed a bug affecting the Attack Speed boost of Annette’s Ultimate.
- Maloch’s model will now display correctly.
- Krixi’s Ultimate can no longer hit a unit outside her range of vision (for example, an enemy standing in the brush nearby).
- The Water Stone passive ability, Devotion, will now trigger in Abyssal Clash.
- Murad, Zill, etc. can now receive a buff from the Enraged Abyssal Dragon after defeating it using their Ultimate.
- The Blitz Blade will no longer trigger Chain Lightning on towers.
- The countdown timers of the Abyssal Dragon and the Enraged Abyssal Dragon will no longer overlap. When both dragons enter countdown, display priority will go to the one that will respawn first.
- Fixed a bug where the Drake would get stuck at the core.
Price: 490 → 420
Price: 2250 → 2120
Price: 2070 → 1960
Price: 2000 → 1920
Eye of the Fiend range increased from 1000 units → 1200 units
Purification was upgraded:
- Range: 500 units → 700 units
- Movement Speed Increase: 20% → 30%
- Duration: 1 second → 2 seconds
- Cooldown: 90 seconds → 60 seconds
Name Change: Hunter’s Crossbow → Kukri
Fire Storm: Normal attacks place a mark on the target, dealing (18 + hero level*0.5) magic damage each stack (ranged attacks deal 75% of the damage), up to 6 stacks → Normal attacks place a mark on the target, dealing 15 additional magic damage each stack (+1 per 3 levels), up to 6 stacks.
Attributes: +80 attack damage → +40 attack damage
New Unique Passive:
Soul Taker: Next ability or normal attack on a hero deals an additional (300 +20 per level) magic damage*, and damage output is increased by 7% for 3 seconds (melee combat only) (30 second cooldown)
*Upon testing, the increased AD doesn’t apply to the ability/attack that triggers the effect
As expected, Soulreaver has been dropped from all marksmen jungler’s item builds, with Violets opting to build to Mr. Stabby instead.
+150 Ability Power → +120 Ability Power
+400 Max HP → +10% Cooldown Speed
Price: 2160 → 2120
Attributes: +270 Armor → +225 Armor
- Base Movement Speed: 400 → 380
- Magic Damage: 450/675/900 (+0.6 AP) → 500/750/1000 (+0.6 AP)
- Vacuum Control effect: 1-second stun → 0.5-second stun and 1-second 50% slow.
|Sand Trap (Passive)|
- Stack Duration: 5 seconds → 6 seconds
- Multiple stacks can now be applied immediately to the same target (previously, the same target could not receive further stacks for 2 seconds)
|Midas Touch (Passive)|
- Gildur now receives a shield whenever he uses Midas Touch (enhanced normal attack).
- Shield Size: (100+0.6 AP) → 160 (+20 per level) (+0.3 AP)
- Base Movement Speed: 340 → 350
- HP per level: 173 → 198.5
- Armor per level: 16.7 → 20.5
- Mark of the Flame now refreshes Fire Crash’s cooldown on hit
- Mark of the Flame activation delay: 1 second → 0 seconds
- Mark of the Flame duration: 2.5 seconds → 3 seconds
- HP restored on mark activation: 80 (1 +5 per level) (+0.2 AP) → 120 (1 +8 per level) (+0.3 AP)
- Ability cast time reduced by 0.2 seconds
- Projectile width: 200 units → 250 units
- Projectile length: 150 units → 250 units
- Damage: 320/420/520/620/720/820 (+0.7 AP) → 320/380/440/500/560/620 (+0.5 AP)
- Shield: 300/425/550/675/800/925 (+0.8 AP) → 300/400/500/600/700/800 (+0.65 AP)
- Shield duration: 3 seconds → 2 seconds
- Mana Cost: 40/45/50/55/60/65 → 30/34/38/42/46/50
|Rain of Fire|
- Cast time reduced by 0.1 seconds
- Cast time reduced by 0.1 seconds
After a couple weeks, Ignis has risen to the top of the mages in Taiwan, though not so much in Thailand. His superior healing allows him to bully mages in the early stages of the game, while the safety of his kit allows for lots of damage to be built in.
- Breaks in duration eliminated. Magic Prison cannot be purified and the duration cannot be lowered by Resistance.
- Effect Duration: 3 seconds → 2.5 seconds
Though not at the very top, Aleister has received consideration in professional matches in both Taiwan and Thailand as a kind of ranged Arum.
- Movement speed: 350 → 360
- Range: 700 units → 750 units
- Range: 700 units → 750 units
- Slow: 50% → 50%-90%, increases with hero level
- Damage: 350/420/490/560/630/700 (+0.85 AP) → 400/490/580/670/760/850 (+0.75 AP)
- Mark Duration: 5.5 seconds → 6 seconds
- Cast time shortened
- Cast time shortened
The shortened cast time was part of the early September change in Taiwan while the other Chilling Frost changes were made in the most recent patch. The cast time of both abilities was shortened by roughly 1/4 second.
|Disciple of the Plague|
- Attack Speed bonus: 10% → 20%
- Cooldown time: 45/40/35 → 40/35/30 seconds
- Mana Cost: 130/150/170 → 100/125/150
- Base armor: 88 → 94
- HP per level: 184.9 → 202
- Attack speed per level: 4% → 3%
- Attack per level: 16.2 → 14.8
- Damage per shot: (0.7 AD) → 75 (1 +4 per level) (+0.4 AD)
- Casting time reduced by 0.1 second
- Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16/15 → 18/17.4/16.8/16.2/15.6/15
- Casting time reduced by 0.2 seconds
The math in our previous comments: “…the new version will deal roughly 20 more damage per shot at level 1, depending on Arcana, while a fully-built Yorn with around 700 attack damage will do about 80 less per shot.” Overall, this has felt like a buff, as it doesn’t take nearly as long for Yorn to be effective in games.
- HP per level: 176.3 → 190.8
- Mechanic changed: Deal an additional 100/120/140/160/180/200 (+0.1 AD) magic damage → Attacks deal 40/48/56/64/72/80 (+0.55 AD) magic damage and the same amount of physical damage
Please remember to build her with two crit items now. Magic crits hurt.
- Attack speed per level: 4% → 3%
|Pocket Glaive (passive)|
- Duration of the yellow glaive’s stun: 1 second → 0.75 seconds
- Base damage of all glaives: 100 (+12 per level) → 80 (+10 per level)
These relatively small changes, combined with players learning how to deal with side lane Valhein a bit better, has dropped Valhein from his previous heights of 100% pick/ban in professional matches.
- New effect: Receive a 4 second (50%/75%/100%) attack speed bonus after casting.
- Damage: 275/315/355/395/435/475 (+1.0 AD) → 275/305/335/365/395/425 (+1.0 AD)
Though she’s still good overall, Violet has ceded the throne of best marksman jungler to Lindis – well, if the GCS is to be believed, anyway.
- Base attack: 161 → 171
- Damage enhancement: 45/60/75/90/105/120 (+1.1 AD) → 75/100/125/150/175/200 (+0.9 AD)
- Cooldown time: 10 → 10/9.6/9.2/8.8/8.4/8 seconds
- Splash damage: 100% → 50%
- Bomb travel speed: 800 units/s → 1000 units/s
|Shock and Awe|
- Targets in area will now experience a 20% movement slow
The combination of more side lane marksmen and Wisp getting less clunky has brought her back into the meta.
- Health restored per second: 60 (+20/level) (+0.1 AP) (+10% of target’s lost HP) → 80 (+25/level) (+0.1 AP) (+7% of target’s lost HP)
- Armor per level: 200 (+50 per level) → 150 (+35 per level)
- Stun duration: 1.5 seconds → 1.25 seconds
Players can’t seem to give up Peura, even after the nerf. Well, at least there will be less flame on ladder when she’s picked.
- Cooldown time: 15/13.8/12.6/11.4/10.2/9 → 12/11.4/10.8/10.2/9.6/9 seconds
- The stealth effect removes any slow effects on Wukong
- Warrior → Assassin
- Base Attack Damage: 159 → 168
- Base Armor: 105 → 96
- Stun time: 1.25 seconds → 1 second
- Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65/70 → 30/35/40/45/50/55
|Death From Above|
- Mana Cost: 135/150/165 → 100/115/130
The decrease in efficacy of marksmen junglers has helped Zephys’ popularity more than these buffs.
- Damage: 690/920/1150 (+2.65 additional AD) → 660/880/1100 (+2.60 additional AD)
Despite this (tiny) nerf, Kriknak is now considered to be the #1 assassin jungler in both Taiwan and Thailand.
- 200/240/280/320/360/400 (+0.2 Armor) (+0.3 AD) → 175/225/275/325/375/425 (+0.3 Armor) (+0.5 AD)
- 50/55/60/65/70/75 (+0.05 armor) (0.3 AD) → 50/56/62/68/74/80 (+0.07 armor) (+0.3 AD)
- Base HP: 3389 → 3292
- HP gain per level: 207.9 → 189
- Movement speed increase after hitting a hero: 60% → 30% to 80%, depending on the distance
- Stun time at close range: 0.7 seconds → 0.5 seconds*
*The bullet in italics wasn’t included in either the Tencent or Garena patch notes, but was definitely on the Taiwan patch notes (September 11 version). We assume the devs forgot to relay that information or something, but we’ll check when the patch goes live.
- Attack speed per level: 3% → 2%
- Base HP: 3531 → 3431
- New effect: Casting an ability increases Lu Bu’s attack speed by 10% for 3 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- Base defense: 89 → 95
- Base attack: 168 → 173
- Attack speed per level: 1% → 2%
- Cooldown: 7/6.8/6.6/6.4/6.2/6 → 6 seconds
- Movement speed boost: 40 → 50
- Damage block: 40/60/80 → 50/75/100
We hadn’t seen Amily in any professional matches until SMG’s Liang used it to win the matchup against AHQ’s Sun (arguably the best solo laner in the world) on Richter (100% picked/banned hero in GCS this week). Though she’s difficult to use, watch out: Amily may begin her slow rise to the top as players get used to her.
- Main Class: Warrior → Tank*
- HP per level: 352.8 → 319.2
- Agnie’s Grasp now cannot be cleansed or shortened by resistance*
- Agnie’s Grasp now refreshes the cooldowns of Wild Fire and Blazing Shield
- Damage: 75/100/125 + (4/5/6 % target current HP) → 40/60/80 + (4/5/6 % target current health) (maximum damage of 300)
- Cooldown: 40/36/32 seconds → 45/40/35 seconds
*Notes in italics were not included in Tencent or Garena patch notes but included in Taiwan patch notes so they will likely take effect (the class change matters for Abyssal Dragon buff purposes).
The new “suppress” effect on Agnie’s Grasp combined with Blazing Shield used on the way back means any snag on a hero near one’s team is a near-certain death knell. Roxie has thus reached the level of must-ban/pick in professional leagues.
- Movement speed increase per unit hit: 6% → 10% (max is still 30%)
- Stun duration: 0.75 seconds → 0.75 seconds ~ 1 second (grows with character level)
- Abilities now consume 8% of Taara’s current HP on use
- Health restored on ability use: 3% of lost HP → 6% of lost HP
- Passive magic damage: 60/100/140/180/220/260 (+0.3 AD) → 75/115/155/195/235/275 (+0.3 AD)
- Activated magic damage: 50/80/110/140/170/200 (+0.25 AD) → 50/85/120/155/190/225 (+0.25 AD)
- Base movement speed: 370 → 380
- Duration: 6 seconds → 4 seconds
- New effect: 25% damage reduction while active.
- Additional armor: 28 (+8/level) → 88 (+8/level)
Past Patch Notes and Reviews
- Big Patch Hits Taiwan Server (October 2018)
- Taiwan Server Receives New Balance Changes (September 11, 2018)
- Major Patch Finally Coming to Tencent Servers (Full Details Listed) (August 27, 2018)
- Two Items Removed, Eleven Added in New Taiwan Patch! (Plus Hero Balance) (August 10, 2018)
- Big Changes Coming to Arena of Valor (New Support Items, Quality of Life Improvements) (August 8, 2018)
- Antaris Battlefield Redesign (August 2, 2018)
- Taiwan July Update Patch Notes (July 11, 2018)
- June Patch Notes (June 25, 2018)
- May 24, 2018 Patch Notes and Evaluation (May 23, 2018)
- Arena of Valor Patch 14 preview (May 21, 2018)
- Patch 13 Notes Evaluation (April 10, 2018)
- Patch 13 Coming to SEA Servers (EU/NA/SA Likely Soon) (April 3, 2018)
- Huge New Patch Coming Soon?! (March 27 Taiwan Patch Notes Translation) (March 28, 2018)
- Balance Update (Moved to March 8, 2018) (February 26, 2018)
- January 31 Patch Notes (January 31, 2018)
- January 16th Update / Patch News (January 15, 2018)
- Garena Releases Version 11 Full Update in Arena of Valor Valiant Server (SEA) (December 15, 2017)
Arena of Valor (AoV) Recommended Article List
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List|
|Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|
|▼ Popular Articles|
|Beginner's Guide||Hero Tier List||Hero Class Guide||Armory (Item List)|