Reaper Persona Guide (Experience Farming)
Super Strong Enemy Shadow
In Mementos, a strong enemy shadow known as the Reaper occasionally appears. The reaper resembles a phantom wearing a tattered cloak and wields a pair of guns. It is a strong shadow that cannot be beaten unless you are at a fairly high level. It is advised to avoid the Reaper when it appears as it is very strong. However, if you can knock it out, you can obtain, not only a huge amount of experience but also unlock a trophy, and a chance to receive the Divine Pillar, an accessory which halves, damage at the cost of losing evade.
The Reaper does not have any weaknesses, resists, or any other interactions with attributes.
Reaper can afford to use either normal attacks or magic spells. Its normal attacks can’t be disabled, reflected, or absorbed. Meanwhile, its magic skills range from single target to multi-hitting. Reapers can also use other skills such as those with the Gun attribute or buffs like Concentrate.
How, Easily Defeat the Reaper
It is highly recommended to fight the Reaper during Flu Season. When encountering shadows during this condition, including the Reaper, they have a chance of entering the battle under the effects of Despair. This will cause the shadow to succumb to despair and die after three turns.
How to Grind for Experience
- Go to Mementos during “Flu Season”.
- Head to the waiting room and save your progress.
- After saving, move to an area and stand still until the Reaper appears.
- Battle starts when the reaper emerges.
- Continue to fight if the reaper is affected by Despair. If it does not have despair, flee from battle and challenge it again.
- Under despair, stall it by using “Guard.”
- If the enemy gets knocked out from despair, head to the waiting room and save.
- After saving, return to the area and wait until the Reaper appears again.
- Repeat the above procedure.
When under the effects of despair, the Reaper will perish after a few turns. Because you can get a large amount of experience when winning, this can be a valuable method when grinding levels.
Notes on this method
- You don’t need special skills to earn experience.
- Take note of flu season warnings, as they only occur at certain periods of time.
- Flu season warnings occur only during the following periods.
- In P5R, the Reaper is immune to Despair.
- In P5R, after defeating the Reaper in that area, you need to move to the next area to encounter another.
Flu Season Advisory Periods
- Month: 11, days: 13-11 / 15
- Month: 12, days: 8-12 / 9
These times are the only periods of time when flu season warnings occur. Since they last for a short period of time, those wanting to try this method of fighting the Reaper need to pay careful attention to the time. Even during the flu season period, the Reaper’s Despair is random. The method may have to be repeated if the Reaper appears without Despair.
After defeating a Reaper you’ll gain massive experience points. Apart from that, you’ll also unlock the trophy “A Unique Rebel.” There’s also a chance that the defeated Reaper drops a rare accessory, the Divine Pillar. When equipped, Perfect Pillar halves the damage of an incoming attack. There’s a catch though, if you wear this accessory, your character won’t be able to dodge the attack, which means you’ll be forced to take the halved damage.
Other Persona Compendium Guides
|Persona Overview||Acquiring Personas||Treasure Personas|
|Reaper Persona||Awakened Personas||Ultimate Personas|
Persona 5 Royal Recommended Article List
|Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal Recommended Articles|
|News and Features||Story Walkthroughs||Palace Guides|
|Persona Compendium||Electric Chair and Skill Cards||Confidant Gift Guide|