Cannot Overwrite the progress
Persona 5 Royal is a new game with brand-new characters and special events. There are many changes that were not present in the earlier version. You cannot carry over confidants or the persona registered in your compendium from Persona 5 to this version.
However, this does not mean that Persona 5 Royal does not support saved data from Persona 5. You are still eligible to claim some useful content to aid in your adventure by using old saved data.
How to connect your Saved Data from the PS3 version
Below are steps on how to use PS3 save data to receive rewards on your new file.
- Make sure to use the same PSN account on both the PS3 and PS4.
- On your PS3, go to the game column and then select PS3 save data utility.
- Highlight the Persona 5 save data and press triangle to copy.
- Select the online storage to send the file there.
- Start your PS4 and then press the Home button on your controller.
- Head to the Display PS NOW XMB menu.
- Go to the Save Data Utility (PS3) option and then hit X.
- You might be asked to quit the game, so choose to agree.
- Look for your Persona 5 save data and then press triangle to copy.
- Wait for the file to download.
- Press circle until you are asked to exit the utility and go back.
- Start the game and examine the cardboard box in your room in LeBlanc.
Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal Recommended Article List
|Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal Recommended Articles|
|News and Features||Story Walkthroughs||Palace Guides|
|Persona Compendium||Electric Chair and Skill Cards||Confidant Gift Guide|